Is the only major difference between ad50 and ad 30 the wattage? Are these amps reliable and durable?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Umm....I guess the difference is only wattage. Donno about reliability, durability etc.

How long do u want it to last?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
till i die of an heroin overdose so like a lot, 5 years def.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
ive got the 50, and tried the 30 while buying. i found the 30 more boxy, more 'small amp sounding.' personally i prefered the sound of the 50. it was overall much bigger sounding, and more pleasing. id try them both out to see what you like.
Music is the ONLY universal language

Quote by AndrewtheHoople
you don't get inspired to become a musician.

you're born with the need to.

BRENTFORD FC!!! UP THE BEES!!!!
how has the 50 held up and how long you had it?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
I'd tell you, but i've only had my AD50VT about 2 weeks. I hope they are reliable and durable, because i'm impressed with the sounds i can get out of mine.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
ive had it since xmas. now my 50 has had problems but please dont let this discourage you. i got it half price as 'job stock.' that meant that VOX had used it at guitar festivals and stuff, so it was plugged into and out and tested roughly etcetcetc. the back panel was causing buzzing, so now i just play without it on cause there was no warranty. still sounds bloody good. a new one will be used only by you and not some scum bags who dont know what theyre doing. you'll also get a proper warranty!

Quote by AndrewtheHoople

Quote by im_bored
doesn't the 50 come with a footswitch

nope they dont. but its only like £20 extra

Quote by AndrewtheHoople

I've had the ad30 for about half a year to 3/4 of a year.

I use it for a Garage Punk band and it suits it's needs, I've played it live on numerous occasions and it's never failed on me. Hell it's even been dropped by some bloke who was helping carry the equipment and it still works, looks worse for wear but still works

End of the day it's a great sounding amp for the price, it has good cleans and does what I use it for perfectly... But it doesn't really give me the gain I want for my preferred style of music (which is metal and heavy rock).

I've also played the ad50 at a guitar store, it sounded a little more "in your face" so to speak, but to be honest I don't personally think theres a large difference in the sound of both amps
The main difference is that the 30 has a VOX speaker, and the 50 has a Celstion. (better speaker)
<Buy advertising space!> <- Place it there...
Last edited by Graymond at Jun 20, 2007,
The 30 has a 10" speaker and the 50 has a 12". haven't had a chance to plug into a 50, but i do like the 30. it will probably be my next purchase after i find the strat I want. With that and my dean and peavey i'll have tons of tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD