last night i cut my left hand violently on glass, one cut, bone deep. the skin on my first finger is hanging off while it bleeds everywhere, mutilated it was barley stiched together, further detail is not important as i am typing this one-handed and I cant feel my first two fingers

i cant define myself as a thrash lead guitarist anymore

be careful of your hands
tony iommi had the tips cut off all his fingers, and still went on to be one of the most influential guitarists ever. i'm sure you'll manage.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Ironic questions:

1, Did it hurt straight away or did it take your eyes to realise the pain? (I did something similar with my ring finger & I didn't realise til I actually saw it pissing of blood.)

2, Have you had a session of surgery or surgeries?

Sorry to hear.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
cuts on ur hand are the worst, i've got one on my little finger so legato hurts like hell!
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
dude im sorry to hear
that sucks big time
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by TOcheesehead
tony iommi had the tips cut off all his fingers, and still went on to be one of the most influential guitarists ever. i'm sure you'll manage.

Actually, 2 fingers.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Ironic questions:

1, Did it hurt straight away or did it take your eyes to realise the pain? (I did something similar with my ring finger & I didn't realise til I actually saw it pissing of blood.)

2, Have you had a session of surgery or surgeries?

Sorry to hear.

blind anger and adreneline, it hurt SO much less than youd expect, i only felt like crying because i love guitar, but i didnt. the worst part is seeing the flesh hanging off the bone on your fretting hand, the emotional pain was 100x worse than this meaningless, slightly annoying physical pain.

ive only had it roughly stitched up
Quote by SG thrasher
Dude it's not the end of your guitar "career", just remember that.

Think of iommi and even mustaine, the doctors said he'd never play guitar again.

and: Pics? i want so see what you did exactly, can't get it from the description.

theres no way im going to expose this to the open air yet. i wanted pictures as i was sitting in the emergency room, nobody thought to bring a camera, and they thought i was weird for asking
Quote by SG thrasher
Ah, touché, well i hope it gets better soon.

nobody so far has given a s'hit about it, so thanks a lot
Wow, I can't imagine what that would feel like. Hope you can get back into the guitar after you heal. I am assuming your left hand is your fretting hand. I hope you will still be able to bend your finger.

What exactly happened?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
dont get down about it yet. i mean, there is no point in assuming this will affect your playing. worry about that when it heals.
Quote by daytripper75
dont get down about it yet. i mean, there is no point in assuming this will affect your playing. worry about that when it heals.

thanks it will be a long time, th stiches come out in a week, but i wont be able to play, doc said guitar will rip it right back open,

it will be months before i can touch a guitar
2 weeks ago, i crushed my fingers badly at work and bleed badly for an hour and had to everything one handed for day until my hand stopped swelling.
i cut my third fretting hand finger pretty bad at work (nothing as bad as yours form the sound of it) and i wasnt able to play for a week or so, its pretty lame, you ll find other things to do, like masterbate,your right hands still okay ?
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Look man, just tune your guitar to open G, get a slide and play blues for the rest of your life.
I nearly cut my left index finger off from tripping over and reaching our for a sheet of 1 mill galvasised steel. My hand slid across it like smooth ice with a red streak down the edge. I felt it great my bone, no pian what so ever, just shock at the blood squirting ot in rhythm with my pulse ha. The hospital pulled the skin and tissue back together and stitched it up with 4 stitches . I was lucky.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
learn to play left handed ^^
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by nick dixon
I nearly cut my left index finger off from tripping over and reaching our for a sheet of 1 mill galvasised steel. My hand slid across it like smooth ice with a red streak down the edge. I felt it great my bone, no pian what so ever, just shock at the blood squirting ot in rhythm with my pulse ha. The hospital pulled the skin and tissue back together and stitched it up with 4 stitches . I was lucky.

sounds bad, although mine didnt hurt too much either, ive got around 10 stitches

also, please elaborate about this slide
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
sounds bad, although mine didnt hurt too much either, ive got around 10 stitches

also, please elaborate about this slide

I was in the back of a river cruiser, in my dads yard. I tripped over a screwdriver on the floor of the boat, and tripped and like you do, reached out to break my fall. The meatal was a piece cut for the transom (the bit where the engine bolts on) and it had a slight bur to it. I could best descride the surface as a piece of broekn glass about 3 foot long.

I had 2 tea towels pwrapper round my hand with blood dripping everywhere. Gross

The worst one was my mates dad who lives next door to me. He was cutting some wood for his garen furniture, when he was using the bench radial arm saw, his hand caught the edge of the blade, and it just ripped his hand all the way up to his nuckles from his little finger to hi middle. It ripped all his tendons, his fingers flopped around all loose. it was sick. His wife fainted when she saw it.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
hope youll be better as soon as possible!
and if you don't, don't let the guitar slip off your hands! keep it on like the great Iommi and Mustaine!

Tim.
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
Quote by nick dixon
I was in the back of a river cruiser, in my dads yard. I tripped over a screwdriver on the floor of the boat, and tripped and like you do, reached out to break my fall. The meatal was a piece cut for the transom (the bit where the engine bolts on) and it had a slight bur to it. I could best descride the surface as a piece of broekn glass about 3 foot long.

I had 2 tea towels pwrapper round my hand with blood dripping everywhere. Gross

The worst one was my mates dad who lives next door to me. He was cutting some wood for his garen furniture, when he was using the bench radial arm saw, his hand caught the edge of the blade, and it just ripped his hand all the way up to his nuckles from his little finger to hi middle. It ripped all his tendons, his fingers flopped around all loose. it was sick. His wife fainted when she saw it.

ouch the last part sounds sick in a bad way

my problem is id rather a more severe injury in a place that woul allow me to play guitar
Wow man... i cant imagine what that would be like. Let us know some time wether or not you can play again...
**** man that sad.i feel for you dude.....but why the hell are you banned?whos the ass?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

ouch, that sounds nasty. i did the same with a sharp knife along the back of my thumb, at the joint. Im just so glad it wasnt of a finger i use for fretting. alhough the finget next to the little one on my fret hand will not go straight whichis a pain when hamering on / pulling off. it goes like
/ \
/

but, if tony ioomi can ge tover it, so can you. Plus, he said that it forced him to approach it in a fresh new way. So it might help you hit a new sound and make a name for yourself.
Quote by slann101
ouch, that sounds nasty. i did the same with a sharp knife along the back of my thumb, at the joint. Im just so glad it wasnt of a finger i use for fretting. alhough the finget next to the little one on my fret hand will not go straight whichis a pain when hamering on / pulling off. it goes like
/ \
/

but, if tony ioomi can ge tover it, so can you. Plus, he said that it forced him to approach it in a fresh new way. So it might help you hit a new sound and make a name for yourself.

I thought you said you died the same way. I was like what the hell? Yeah, that sucks dude hope you get better soon.