Hey guys, I'm gettiting a
<Buy advertising space!> <- Place it there...
ok..........l' to u to......
Quote by IndianRockStar
EXACTLY!!! We should join together to form a vendetta against vocalists. Or trianglists.

Let's get em lol.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
sorry guys, the posts somehow got messed up. Anyways, i'm getting a vox valvetronix 50. but for an extra 75$(CAD) i can get one with two speakers. is it worth it? THanks, and sorry....
If you're getting a then you better make sure you.

Otherwise there could be BIG trouble
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
The Valvetronix series are nice amps, but the 1x12 AD50 is as big as I'd go with them. At the next point in the budget scale, I'd be going for an all tube combo instead.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Valvetronix series are nice amps, but the 1x12 AD50 is as big as I'd go with them. At the next point in the budget scale, I'd be going for an all tube combo instead.

such as...
I don't know, what will you be playing? I'd get myself one of the usual suspects: a used Fender Hot Rod, Peavey Classic 30, Traynor YVC 40/50, etc., before I got a big hybrid/modeler. But that's me.

What do you plan to use the amp for? Bedroom or Gigs? Metal, jazz, or something in between?

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I play everything from Beethoven to Slipknot. The amp stays in my bedroom but when i play a gig i use it.
Have you tried any tube combos? See if you can next time you hit a guitar store. Maybe ask for a place to crank a couple a little bit. IMHO, just about any decent tube combo (like those mentioned above) would be e big step up from the Vox, as nice as it is.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I agree with what slatsmania says on this one and I have 3 Vox AD50VT's for rentals. It is what it is and it's very good at it. You don't need the extra speaker, maybe $75 for a speaker change.

$75 to $125 more can get you a tube combo and as it won't do all the stuff the Valvetronix will, it will be better quality, and most people used pedals anyway.

I have had complaints with my rentals that the Valvetronix doesn't take to pedals real well and that it is hard to change settings on the fly in live applications (gigs).

I agree with the alternative tube combos he suggest also and there may be a couple others. Tryu some out and try giving the Vox AD50VT a good workout again and think giging when your testing it. If you don't change your settings much maybe it is perfect for you.
Quote by MLmaster37
well i definitely trust you *reads posts and sig*
thank you for your help

Over 30 years in the biz. If you are looking for speaker info, I have tried many over the years . So hit me up and I will try to help you younger guys and gals.