I'm looking to start playing bass again and wanted to see what you guys would recommend for an amp. I think 900 is about what I'll have to spend. I'll be playing everything from church music to death metal. It doesn't matter whether it's a combo, or a head+cab, just what you guys think will be the best. BTW, the bass I'm looking at is a Spector Legend 5.

thanks.
Is this 900 just for amp or amp + bass?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
I highly recommend Ashdown. Other good brands to check out are Hartke, Gallien-Krueger, Laney and Fender.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Get Hartke, they're good and punchy and cheap.
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
that carvin package should be great... but there are some carvins that past some volume start sounding like a piece of crap...
i really liked that carvin just for the look alone... sexy... i wish i could try it... im intrested in it now actually ahah...

how much is it?
GALLIEN KRUEGER, if you want versatility BK is the way to go, i play jazz metal, classical, everything and if you get teh new RBX series (the 210) and the 700RBII head you will never have a problem it will last years and you'll never have a problem finding the sound you want.
i wanna get a:

Gallien Krueger 1001RB head, or a 800RB head...

Two Gallien Krueger 4x10 Goldline cabs, or one Gallien Krueger 8x10 Goldine cab... oh yeah... thats the stuff...
1x15 cabs are too warm for me... but the head is great, i love the overdrive/distortion on those heads...
Yeah, the valve grind is just so amazing, and if Ashdown's good enough for the ox, it's good enough for anyone! .

Although their amps are not for everyone, so that statement was wrong, nvm.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!