I'm a little guy, I love my basses but they seem to be a little big on me at times. I'm only 5'5" and I was looking at the Mustang and SG basses. What would be more versatitle and easy to play?
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
I wouldnt. The only thing going for Mustang basses is the sexy styling but it's best just to stick at the full length. It'll give better tone than short scale.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Trust me dude, size has nothing to do with it. Your hands will get used to the scale length, and you'll need no more than 1 finger per fret anyway. Hell, use the Simandl method (one finger per fret, pinkie and ring finger counting as one); you'll be fine. Short scales have many disadvantages. Trust me, if I'm 6'7" and can play mandolin without touching every other string, you can play a full-scale bass.

EDIT: If Pete Wentz can play a full scale bass, so can you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
hahahahaahha PETE WENTZ SUCKS DUDE, DONT INFECT THIS THREAD WITH SUCH A DISEASE...

plus, that jaguar bass is really cool and has a punchy sound... for the scale, i find its the one that has an almost undifferentiable tone from a regular scaled bass...
Quote by DesolationRow0
hahahahaahha PETE WENTZ SUCKS DUDE, DONT INFECT THIS THREAD WITH SUCH A DISEASE...

plus, that jaguar bass is really cool and has a punchy sound... for the scale, i find its the one that has an almost undifferentiable tone from a regular scaled bass...

The Jaguar bass is full-scaled. Unless you are referring to the Bass VI. If you are, be prepared to plunk $3500 on a custom shop one, or wait years and spend $2000 on an MIJ one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
thefitz I love the new look

And TS, I have a friend who is about 5'3" and she plays a full scale warwick just fine.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
but he already has full scale basses! ahah! dont you understand that he's actually looking for something smaller?
Yeah the Jag is good. I also have a Geddy Lee, cause the skinny neck helps too.
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
Quote by DesolationRow0
but he already has full scale basses! ahah! dont you understand that he's actually looking for something smaller?

I do understand, I'm just pointing out that size does not matter really according to whether you play a full scale or not. Short scale basses are not the answer really.

TS if you want a short-scale bass then feel free, but I wouldn't really advise it.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Hmm... I guess I'm saying DON'T DO IT! Mustangs and Musicmasters are muddy sounding and are unfocused. Very bland... unless you want to sound like Bill Wyman all day. The SG bass is the worst bass ever made. Poorly put together, neck dives, electronics are garbage, way the hell overpriced. The Hofner Violin is one of the worst sounding basses I've ever played and the only reason they cost as much as they do is because Paul played them. The reason he bought it in the first place was because he was a cheapskate and it wouldn't look as dumb being played upside down.
Quote by Cody_Grey102