i think its time to get my first "classy" guitar, as i have been playing several Ibanez guitars until now, i would really like a Gibson Les Paul, but im not exactly "rich"

therefore an Epihone standard is my first choice (ebony :P) but the name on the head is often all some people care about thesedays, and i (as silly as it seems) do care about what other people think. anyway, should i get the Epi by christmas or save loadsa dosh and get a Gibson in about 2 years?
id save the money and get the gibson theres alot more to it than the name ull notice a big difference in quality
Epiphone.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
get a gibson...just 'cause
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by HeartShapedHell
id save the money and get the gibson theres alot more to it than the name ull notice a big difference in quality

+1
if you want it now just get the epi, if you want the gibson quality wait, i'm sure you could find a good second hand one for a decent price
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Dude buying the name is stupid... Granted the Gibson's are better and in many cases a lot better are they worth the 3 to 6 times more? In my eyes no. I guess it all depends on priorties and what you plan to do with the guitar. If you are just jaming I don't see why you would need a Gibson. If you are giging then maybe it becomes a better investment. For the most part it seems some Epi's rival the sound of a Gibson with new pick ups.
i played gibson les paul custom and classic
and the epiphone is better
the name is the only difference
like hollister pants and walmart pants
hollister is more expensive but its the same as the walmart ones
its all a stupid name
i dont care what people think hahahaha
but i have 4 epiphones and with the amount of money i spent on all four of them combined i still woulndt have enough for a gibson
because gibson sucks
its all a name
1.)I'm not much into les pauls, but i jest got an epiphone dot and I love it. Plus it's the same price as the les paul and sounds better.
2.)The gibsons feel better, but not enough to wait 2 years for.

my advice: get an epi
Quote by meh...
i think its time to get my first "classy" guitar, as i have been playing several Ibanez guitars until now, i would really like a Gibson Les Paul, but im not exactly "rich"

therefore an Epihone standard is my first choice (ebony :P) but the name on the head is often all some people care about thesedays, and i (as silly as it seems) do care about what other people think. anyway, should i get the Epi by christmas or save loadsa dosh and get a Gibson in about 2 years?

You shouldn't buy a guitar jurst because its a brand name. You should judge by playability and tone. Just because your friends would look down at you for having an Epi instead of a Gibson doesn't mean your guitar crap. In fact, if there was a guitar that I found that had better playability and sound than a name brand, but had a brand nobodies ever heard of before or a brand not know for its quality, I would choose the offbrand. Why? Because I consider quality over the name on the headstock.
you could always buy a gibson melody maker. they look the same as les pauls but are cheaper. im not exactly sure of the difference between them and Les Pauls.
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Quote by meh...

you can always buy the epiphone now, save your money, sell it, then buy the gibson.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Depends what you want to do with it.
You probably won't notice too much of a difference between an Epi and a Gibson (other than the feel) in your bedroom. You'll notice it live though, so really it's just about where you're prioritys lie.

Want a LP for bedroom playing and just generally to have that tone - Epi

Whereas the Gibson is a much more worth-while investment if you're planning to play live and stick at it for a long time
Get an Agile.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Ibanezes are equal to epiphones. Just 'cause they look like Gibsons doesn't make them classier.
Quote by meh...

First of all my friend, there is no such thing as a "childish" question. Ever question is valid and of equal importance on these board. So all you gotta do is ask a question, and we'll answer it. No need to put childish in front of it. Second, its not silly to care about what other people think. Everyone does it, even though same may deny it. But there is just different levels on which people care. Now, straight to the point. Ask yourself these questions "Am I really in need of a new guitar right at this moment?" "Is it that important that I get a new one now?" "Can I wait and get a better reward?" "Can't I just play what I have for now and be happy?"
Be cool.
Quote by Kaspre
Ibanezes are equal to epiphones. Just 'cause they look like Gibsons doesn't make them classier.

Thats a ridiculous comparison...
Ibanez makes guitars that range from dirt cheap like epiphone, just as much as gibsons.

Jem, S prestige, RG prestige.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I'd much rather get a Tokai than either of them. Granted, you'll get idiots saying "well, it's not a Gibson" or even "it's not an Epiphone", but people who know their stuff will nod and smile impressed, that you care more about quality of gear, than some silly name.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
=1000000000000 for Tokai. Make sure you get a japanese model, and you'll be rocking.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.