Page 1 of 2
Looking for a Les Paul style guitar. I'm probably going to be playing grunge/metal/hard rock/classic rock.

Not sure on a price range, probably $1,000.

An extra plus would be a finishes like Tobacco Burst, Black w/ Gold Hardware.
Quote by Sir Talkalot
or a REALLY good epi

Epiphone Elitist is always better than a Gibson.

It's been that way for around 6 years since Gibsons QC went head over heels.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3100spbk.html

I have an Agile AL-2000 Black w/Gold and they rock - the one I linked you to is even better. Agiles look, sound and play beautifully.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
+1 to the Epiphone elitist recommendations.

Haven't played one but I hear they're comparable to the lower end Gibsons, plus you don't pay so much.

SO yeah I say get an elitist.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
El Codyo's right, check into an Edwards.

Or a Burny:

Both companies make LP copies as good as if not better than Gibsons for around 1/4th the price. You can usually find both on Ebay for well under $1000.

Burny's can also be bought here (note the prices listed on that site are in Singapore dollars, not US dollars):

http://orangeguitar.com/forsale/burnyforsale.htm

And Edwards can be bought here:

http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/

Buy either brand and you'll be so pleased you'll want to name your first-born after me or El Codyo.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by El Codyo
Edwards, you'll thank me later.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html
There's 3 drop-down menu's on the left side, the names with LP in them are the les pauls.

i agree 100%

edwards are great guitars
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Japanese Tokai. They're on ebay. Fantastic guitars.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I think im going to go with Burny of Edwards. I love the look of the LP Custom
Quote by TJM2482
I think im going to go with Burny of Edwards. I love the look of the LP Custom

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Both have bodies and necks that are just like a Gibson (one of the well-made ones) and have the same weight and feel. Those ESP models are excellent guitars but they're very different from Les Pauls in those regards. As close as they are cosmetically they're alot lighter and have a totally different feel to them (although I'm sure alot of people prefer that anyway). There's a solidity to an actual Les Paul that I absolutely love (even if my back doesn't) and both companies nail that completely. After playing my Burny LP's, nearly every other guitar just feels like a toy to me, and the neck is God-like, the closest I've ever felt to an actual '59 LP neck.

As far as electronics, Burny's usually have a stock Burny bridge humbucker which sounds excellent, very similar to a Seymour Duncan JB with a less-pronounced midrange, and a Fernandes Sustainer in the neck. Most Edwards come with either Seymour Duncans or EMG's. I personally prefer both company's pickup choices to most stock Gibson pickups, especially if you play heavier music.

On a side note, Burny also offer a couple of models with a Floyd Rose. Alot of people find that heretical on a LP but I love having that feature on my Burny's.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
+1 to the Epiphone elitist recommendations.

Haven't played one but I hear they're comparable to the lower end Gibsons, plus you don't pay so much.

SO yeah I say get an elitist.

Compareable to lower end Gibsons?

I've played many High End Gibson models that are on level or worse than the Epiphone Elitist Models.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by SublimeGuitar
:O

How trusted can that site be?

Im really considering this LP!

P90's! Tasty. I have no personal experience with GuitarJapan but I've heard nothing but good things.
I noticed some Burnys on ebay going for pretty cheap, and i was wondering if there was a year or something that i should stay away from or something?

Quote by Myrdinn

Thanks
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by TJM2482

Where can I buy this? :O

they sell those in korea and japan. i've seen many of them. mainly in japan tho. they're with ESP if i'm not mistaken. IMO i think navigators r the best les pauls.
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
Id say for your budget,a used epiphone elitest (custom or standard) with a pickup swap. I suggest Bareknuckle pickups. Their black dogs are great for a vintage-y sound, or if some higher gain metally stuff, try the miracle mans. Drop those pups in an elitest, it can beat nearly all non custom gibsons.
Quote by SublimeGuitar
I noticed some Burnys on ebay going for pretty cheap, and i was wondering if there was a year or something that i should stay away from or something?

Thanks

Not that I know of. Mine are recent models, '06 and '02, and both are incredible. From everything I've heard their 80's and 90's models are great too. The only ones I'd avoid are the ones with bolt-on necks. Thankfully they're rare, I've only seen one on Ebay in my life. I came across this one today at a good buy-it-now price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURNY-LP-JP-Model-Trans-Black-Rare-Guitar-Japan_W0QQitemZ220121256010QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Theres also Greco and Orville.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
orville is probably the best, lining up with the 90s burny with real kickarse pups. The current production of burny RLG/RLC 50 series are made in china, but neverless it is still a very acceptable guitar for its pricing. Edwards arent that bad just that topping up a little can get you a used orville.
In short, the mention of les paul, avoid gibson at all cost LOL
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Epiphone Elitist is always better than a Gibson.

It's been that way for around 6 years since Gibsons QC went head over heels.

then u cant say its always been better can you? i own a 97 gibson les paul standard an no way is the elitist epi better..........
I totally forgot about Orvilles, which are also great. They were actually owned by Gibson, but made in Japan.
Page 1 of 2