I need an amp with 60W plus in the range of $200-400 range. I might go up to 450. I need an amp with nice effects as well. I just need a change from my old Frontman amp. It would be nice if it was a tube amp because i hear they're very good. But i've been considering a Crate 120W with DSP (lotsa people say they're bad amps). If you guys can help me find one that is a better deal, that would be fantastic! Thanks again guys.
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
lmfao 60w plus? can you hear that over the drums? anyways you canget a Marshall Mg100Dfx for around 400 bucks, 115 watts and sounds so evil. tje effects aretn that great and are mostly just for soloing but you can hear when playin go the bigger strings, whatever you do DO NOT GET A SPIDER (LINE 6)
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
lmfao 60w plus? can you hear that over the drums? anyways you canget a Marshall Mg100Dfx for around 400 bucks, 115 watts and sounds so evil. tje effects aretn that great and are mostly just for soloing but you can hear when playin go the bigger strings, whatever you do DO NOT GET A SPIDER (LINE 6)

Did you just say MG?
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

Quote by crash_course
AD50VT?

Edit:^ yeah he did.

Will it be loud enough? That's only 50 watts.
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

Quote by Prodigy999

Yeah depending on your gigs. Roland has the 60w Cube.
Quote by Prodigy999

For gigs how large?

And the vox is a hybrid, so watts are same value as an SS amp, but if you go tube, then 40 watts is perfect (if maybe slightly loud) for gigs
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
For gigs how large?

And the vox is a hybrid, so watts are same value as an SS amp, but if you go tube, then 40 watts is perfect (if maybe slightly loud) for gigs

Sorry but, what is an SS amp? My gigs are like gymnasium sized (usual school size gym) and sometimes at semi-large auditoriums.
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

Quote by Prodigy999
Sorry but, what is an SS amp? My gigs are like gymnasium sized (usual school size gym) and sometimes at semi-large auditoriums.

SS= Solid state

50 watts SS should be alright- will you be mic'd up at all? If not you might want to go with a valve combo

edit: ^ yeah, what genres do you play?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

What's "Mic'd up" mean? I think i know, but I'm not sure. I also go for Guns N Roses sort of sound for leads and modern sounds for my cruncy rhythm distortion. I also look for a nice bright sound clean. So pretty much I play Classic Rock. And, since I'm just a teenager, I go for what the people want: Punk.

And yeah... I admit. I've been doing most of my gigs with my old 30W Frontman amp, and it has held for a very long time. But i was looking for an upgrade. My old amp had been good, but I wanted to be ready for the big gigs (my band has been receiving some good chances for gigs).
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

Last edited by Prodigy999 at Jun 20, 2007,
Quote by Prodigy999
What's "Mic'd up" mean? I think i know, but I'm not sure. I also go for Guns N Roses sort of sound for leads and modern sounds for my cruncy rhythm distortion. I also look for a nice bright sound clean. So pretty much I play Classic Rock. And, since I'm just a teenager, I go for what the people want: Punk.

Mic'd up= A mic is placed in front of you amp to run most of the sound through the PA system.
That Vox should work for you. I was going to recommend some tubes but you said that you wanted effects as well.
Quote by crash_course
Mic'd up= A mic is placed in front of you amp to run most of the sound through the PA system.
That Vox should work for you. I was going to recommend some tubes but you said that you wanted effects as well.

Nah. I don't really need effects. I'm okay without them. But it would be great with them. Well, our band uses a mic for singing that's plugged into a PA system... is that what you meant? But no... my amp is not mic'd up.... I just plug it into a power outlet, plug my guitar in and play.
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

Right yeah a Vox valvetronix would be pretty good for you- versatile amps.
"Mic'd up" is..well if you're miked up to a PA system

^ edit: yes that's what is is.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

get an all tube amp then. The peavey classic 30 is a great all tube amp, and even though its 30 watts, it still is loud as sin. But that may be out of your price range. If you look for one used, you can definatly find one for 400 or under.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
well slash usually gets his sweet as$ tone from a cranked marshall jubilee head(someone correct me if im wrong but i beilive thats what he uses). for your price range you could get a valveking 112 which would be plenty loud and from what i hear has good cleans, but the overdrive is lacking according to most but maybe a pedal could fix that. mayb you could squeeze a used peavey windsor and a 212 cab but you'd be giving a lot up for cleans. maybe a blues junior and an Od but you wouldnt have much if any clean headroom and you would have to be mic'd for gigs

Edit: go used if at all possible you get so much more. and bravo for the classic 30 suggestion
Last edited by mike110691 at Jun 20, 2007,
Quote by Yngwi3
Right yeah a Vox valvetronix would be pretty good for you- versatile amps.
"Mic'd up" is..well if you're miked up to a PA system

^ edit: yes that's what is is.

Well I meant that my microphone for singing is Mic'd.... duh.... but my guitar amp isn't Mic'd... It just is plugged in, and plays.
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!