Sadly, I still can't palm mute.. are there any other several ways I can follow? i've already watched a few video lessons...
... you just kind of put your palm area (like you're gonna karate chop someone) really close to the bridge on the strings and pick. you need distortion to hear it right and stuff.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Just play an open string on the low E but rest the palm of you picking hand on the strings, behind where you pick. The note will sound lower and wont ring out.
hold your pick sort of centered with your palm if that makes sense and strum with your hands side on the strings
My guess is your palm is positioned too far away from your bridge. Either that or your Guitar/Amp is absolutly terrible.
Quote by nedthehead
My guess is your palm is positioned too far away from your bridge. Either that or your Guitar/Amp is absolutly terrible.

agreed, try turning up the volume and the gain. It just makes a *thunk* sound otherwise which isn't particularly helpful when you're learning.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I didn't think I could palm mute either, but then I got a guitar with humbuckers...
...You don't need distortion to palm mute, it just won't sound good.
keep you hand very relaxed. press your palm against the part of the strings that are closest to the bridge at about a 60degree angle. just practice at it.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
put your palm right about where the strings touch the bridge. you just kinda rest it on top of the strings. if you are just hearing like a clicking kind of sound your hand is probably to far towards the neck
Quote by Dores
I didn't think I could palm mute either, but then I got a guitar with humbuckers...

I got single coils, i can palm mute... that doesn't make any sense, I know humbuckers make the sound last longer, but if you can do it right, then it doesn't matter if you have single coils or humbuckers...
Simply rest the karate chop part of your picking hand on the strings and pick them as usual. It takes a while before you can play speedily whilst palm muting but you'll get there. I only started palm muting four months ago and I'm playing Battery and other stuff.