Page 1 of 2
I didn't know exactly where to put this, so I guess here is fine for now. If a mod has a problem with placement please just move it.

Anyways, I am hoping this is will turn into a good resource thread, and I will probably compile a list of trusted mom and pop shops with the locations of them.

Rules
I am considering mom and pop shops here to have a maximum of around 3 shops nationally, anymore and they kind of get a bit commercial. Also post a link if you can.

My entry is Leitz. Leitz is actually better then most shops, I shop there aswell, but I only have been to one other music shop, only for strings. My friends say they smash most other local shops on price, since they are very close to musicians friend prices. I checked and my tuner was only 5 dollars more, and my friend bought an 230 dollar amp (price on musicians friend) for 250 after taxes. He did not even attempt to haggle. Then I talked to them, they said they compete with musicians friend, if they don't have it, they will order it and match the price. If you are close to Panama City Florida, check them out! http://www.leitzmusic.com/default2.html

List of Local Trusted Dealers.
Leitz Music - Panama City Florida
Johnny Roadhouse Music - Manchester, UK
Eastside Guitars - Greenville SC
Guzzardo Music - Rockford, Illinois
West LA Music - West Los Angeles or Universal City
SoundsGreat - Cheadle Hulme UK
APlus Guitars - Bridgeport, WV
Cambridge Music Center - Cambridge MA
El Rayo Guitarworks - San Diego, CA
Freedom Guitars - San Diego, CA
Hot Licks Guitars - Aiea, Hawaii
Music Box- Stockton, California
The House Of Guitars - Irondequoit, New York
Trade Center - Morristown, TN
Lloyd's Music - Morristown, TN
The Fret Store - Morristown, TN
Atlanta Discount Music - Atlanta, GA
Guitar Emporium - Louisville, KY
Allen's Music - Paducah KY
Alan's Music Center - San Diego, CA
Top Gear Guitar Pro Shop - San Diego, CA
Manny's Music - Manhattan New York
Fuller's Vintage Guitars - Houston Texas
Griffiths Guitar works - St John's Newfoundland
Rock Bottom Music - Augusta, Ga
Guitar Showcase - San Jose California
Bristol Guitars - Bristol, CT
Don's Music - Bristol, CT
Michael Lang's - Thomaston, CT
Merchant City Music - Glasgow, Scotland
Lauzon Music - Ottawa
Zeaglers Music - Baton Rouge, LA
Ody's Music - Walker, LA
Alison's World of Music - Gonzales and Denham Springs, LA
String bean music-Bismarck, ND (G&L and PRS)
Eckroth-Bismarck, ND (Fenders and Schecters)
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Last edited by Funcoot at Jun 21, 2007,
Quote by interCourse
Gc

Thanks for reading the rules. Mom and Pop shops only.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
The problem with listing mom and pop shops is that this is an international website. some dude in finland wont give a fvck if i tell him that there's a great local store for guitars in Colorado Springs.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
The problem with listing mom and pop shops is that this is an international website. some dude in finland wont give a fvck if i tell him that there's a great local store for guitars in Colorado Springs.

Yeah but anyone taking a trip to Colorado Springs, or who lives near might. Go ahead and post em.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Theres a place in Rockford, Illinois called Guzzardo Music. I got my first guitar there and if you can get the right sales man, you can haggle the price pretty low.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

funcoot, id like you to meet sarcasm. funcoot, sarcasm

and there arent any good mom and pop stores near me. so i gotta suck it up and waste money at GC
Quote by akm1020
funcoot, id like you to meet sarcasm. funcoot, sarcasm

Sarcasm is no excuse for trying to derail.
Quote by smirnoff_black
well its not totally a mom & pop store, but theres only 2 locations in california.

West LA Music
location-west la, california

Best music store in all of california i have found, very helpful people, they beat any price, i got a upgraded hot rod deluxe for 530 and a epi lp custom plus for 650, smart people, free clinics, overall best store i have ever shopped at.

website is www.westlamusic.com
Going to take a shower, will update more after I'm done.
Quote by smirnoff_black
www.aplusguitars.com is a good one in bridgeport, wv, although I doubt if anyone on here is ever going to be in that area. It's about an hour away from where I live. I bought my Schecter C-1 plus, Marshall mg15, and Crate VTX 212 there and with each one I got about $20 off musicians friend's prices. The people that work there are really nice too and can help with whatever you need.
List updated.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Hot Licks Guitars - Aiea, Hawaii.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Music Box- Stockton, California

The guys that work in the shop are always helpful, and they have the widest selection of guitars and amps in town. Not to mention their prices usually beat online prices.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
The House Of Guitars. A most excellent store. It's billed as the largest music store in the world, but I only half believe that (the records section is damn big, though ). Anyhoo. Bunch of acoustics, some nice Gibbos, Fenders, and a bunch of vintage amps lining the walls. Plus absolutely insane guitars in the cases, and the BIGGEST MARSHALL EVER. Too bad it's just a cabinet without electronics now.

EDIT: Right. It's in Irondequoit, New York.
I live in Morristown, TN. We have three good music stores. The first is The Trade Center, it sells a huge selection of Fender. Another is Lloyd's Music which sells lots and lots of high end acoustics that are way out of my price range(think Taylor and Martin). My personal favorite is The Fret Store. They sold me my LP custom with a hard case for $530. Another good thing about the Fret Store is they sell both Gretsch guitars and Orange amps. It is a great store and the website is www.fretstore.com.

Edit: Morristown is an hour away from Knoxville, Tennessee.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Quote by Ashdownlover
Sound Control - Birmingham, England

Find anything and everything in there

It's not a "Mom & Pop" store though, it's a chain. But yeah, it's a cool shop
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Atlanta Discount Music - Atlanta, GA Home of Tone. No sh*t gear here and always top notch service and prices.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
I'm hoping this can become a sticky.
Quote by smirnoff_black
For the TS, Its odd I found this thread. Cause I was just about to google some good guitar stores in Panama City, seeing as how im going to be spending a week down there soon. Thanks for that.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Allens music in paducah KY. awsome store i buy alot from there. no website though...i dont think
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
There's a couple of other places in SD...
Alan's Music Center in San Diego (Technically La Mesa, I think), CA is the only place I've found that carries Laney amplifiers regularly. They also have the higher end Hamers for sale.

Top Gear Guitar Pro Shop, in San Diego, (Maybe in La Mesa? I forget. You can find it listed in both if you google it, I think.) CA is I think the only tube amp repair shop in San Diego. General tube amp repair, at least. There other ones that are authorized Peavey repair places and stuff, but these guys will take anything.
I personally shop at Manny's music. Great little shop across the street from Sam Ash in Manhattan New York. The store is technically owned by the Sam Ash but they operate by themselves. Anywho they have a little of everything I really needed and a rather decent stock of very nice and some vintage used guitars. The store is not small they just packed everything they could into the space and it makes this look small but its great. Ground floor is the guitars and amps. Back room is the acoustic room. Top floor is the drum rooms.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Fuller's Vintage Guitars - Houston Texas

Some of the nixest guys you can deal with. It doesn't matter if your a pro, a kid or a livingroom god, they treat you just the same, and they don't mind you pawing their $5000+ custom Gibsons as long as your respect their store. They've also got one of the best vintage collections I've ever seen.
Griffiths Guitar works in St John's Newfoundland

Definately the best local staff in the area, and easily the best guitar tech I've come across.
www.bigguitar.com

Boogaloo comes in a very close second, damn cool store and they usually have some vintage oddities
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Rock Bottom Music - Augusta, Ga

they dont have the best selection, but they are expanding, and price match
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Bristol Guitars - Bristol, CT
Don's Music - Bristol, CT
Michael Lang's - Thomaston, CT
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Mississauga ON -----> L.A Music is alright, but for quality, we go to The Guitar Shop(original name, I know
<Buy advertising space!> <- Place it there...
House of guitars b*tch!! bought my first guitar there.. the only thing bad i can say about it is the way they store some of there guitars. all rubbing up on each other. but I think its getting better
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Page 1 of 2