...I was thinking it might be around that time for me to get a new amp, but this time, I want an all tube amp. I currently own A Vox AD15VT.

The two amps I've narrowed it don to are the Fender Champion 600 and the Laney VC15. I play a variety of styles, but mostly Indie, Rock, Punk and Blues. I am enticed by the fact that the Fender is about £100 less but I wouldn't mind a second opinion.

My current guitars are an Epi '57 Junior and a Squier Strat (which I only use sometimes).

Plus, does anyone know where I can find a decent (and hopefully brand new) Rickenbacker copy. I am a huge fan of The Jam, but couldn't afford or justify buying a real Rick.

Cheers.
Apparently it's a P-100 Stacked Humbucker. I can't find anyone locally to jam with ao I would only really be using it for bedroom practice. The Fender is £100 or so cheaper but with less features. Is it worthwile to buy it and plug some pedals in or go for the laney which has a very nice built in overdrive channel and reverb?
Roland Cube 60? (it's starting to get cliche, cuz I always recommend it )

Has nice distortion options, reverb/delay, and sounds good at lower levels, but loud enough if you ever find people to play with.
Quote by greggybhoy
Apparently it's a P-100 Stacked Humbucker. I can't find anyone locally to jam with ao I would only really be using it for bedroom practice. The Fender is £100 or so cheaper but with less features. Is it worthwile to buy it and plug some pedals in or go for the laney which has a very nice built in overdrive channel and reverb?

Well, see - 15 watts of tube is very loud. If it's just for bedroom, I wouldn't recommend it, honestly, as much as I love the Laney VCs. You'll probly rarely get a chance to drive it hard enough to get power tube saturation.
You'll be able to get overdrive on the Fender easier, since it's a 5 watter. Buy a boost with that 100 pounds you're saving, and you'll be set. I like the BBE Boosta Grande, if you can find it.
Quote by flamingmarble27
Roland Cube 60? (it's starting to get cliche, cuz I always recommend it )

Has nice distortion options, reverb/delay, and sounds good at lower levels, but loud enough if you ever find people to play with.

Thanks, but it's a Valve amp I'm looking for, plus, the Roland cube is ugly and would disrupt the Feng Shui of my room.

I would still keep my Vox, as it is definitely loud enough for jamming, so maybe the Fender is the right choice. I've also heard that the Epi Valve Junior is a force to be reckoned with?
How much louder is a 5w valve amp than my 15 watt valvetronix? And between the Epi Valve Junior and Fender Champ, which has better natural OD?
Definatly the VC15, i use mine in the bedroom all the time, i used to use it for gigs too, but since i bought the GH50 its been retired.... I also use the VC15 for recording, because you dont have to blast your house away for great tone...
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I think I'm going to go with the fender, as it has 2 options for inputs (high and low gain).

Obviously, I'll need a reverb pedal for it, as it lacks in any effects, so does anyone have any ideas?
There are no shops in my immediate or distant area that stock it so I'm taking a bit of a gamble, unfortunately.

I knew you would say holy grail, everyone raves about it. I love my EHX litlle big muff so hopefully all their products are of the same quality.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The 5W VJ is still VERY Loud. It's about as loud as a 30-45 watt solid state amp turned up. Same with the Champion.

It's really not. You might be able to compete with a SS amp as large as 25 or so watts if you're connected to a 2x12 with highly efficient speakers, but as a combo it really won't come close. It probably won't be as loud as his AD15VT.

Quote by greggybhoy
I would still keep my Vox, as it is definitely loud enough for jamming, so maybe the Fender is the right choice. I've also heard that the Epi Valve Junior is a force to be reckoned with?

You really have it backwards. If anything, you should be looking at maybe keeping the Vox as a practice amp, and getting something more suitable for gigging/jamming as an "upgrade."

The Laney'll sound good in the bedroom. You won't be cranking it, but it'll sound good. It'll sound great for jams and gigs, though. If you have any intention of getting to that point, you should get the bigger amp now.

I strongly recommend you go with the VC15.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
It's really not. You might be able to compete with a SS amp as large as 25 or so watts if you're connected to a 2x12 with highly efficient speakers, but as a combo it really won't come close. It probably won't be as loud as his AD15VT.

I dunno. My Valve Special was really loud, definitely louder than my friend's Valvetronix 30 watter.
Damn. I don't know what to do now! I've tried the Laney, albeit the 30 watt and it was incredible (as good as an AC30 IMHO), but I just don't know if I'm at the stage in my skill where I can justify spending more than double the Fender/ Epi price for an amp. I sound like a miser but my finances can't stretch that far cos there's a lot of other stuff I have to spend money on. Maybe I'll hold on to my cash for another month and see what the situation is like then. But in any case I take it that the Laney would be a more than decent bedroom amp, as well as a jamming amp (should the opportunity arise).

Maybe I should just save up for it seeing as I've wasted money on a lot more crap in my time than a quality bit of kit like that.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I dunno. My Valve Special was really loud, definitely louder than my friend's Valvetronix 30 watter.

All I can say is that I have the Epi VJ head, and for a while I was running it connected to a 2x12 Mesa cab while my son played thru a Vox AD30. I couldn't keep up volume-wise.

I also have a little 5W (or so) Harmony amp that has a 6" speaker, and it keep up with nothing. It's a great recording amp, but I ain't jamming with it. When I tried the Fender 600 in the store, I had no problem playing it at full volume on the floor! You're not going to be able to do that with a "loud" amp. Really didn't sound any louder than the Harmony to me.

Quote by greggybhoy
Maybe I should just save up for it seeing as I've wasted money on a lot more crap in my time than a quality bit of kit like that.

As nice as the new Fender Champ is, I'm afraid that's where you'd find yourself again if you went with it. It's a great practice/recording amp, a minor upgrade from your Vox, but really I think you'd be blowing your budget and looking for a bigger amp down the road.

The VC15, OTOH, would get you all the way up to small gigs and could last you a lifetime if you wanted it to.

Good luck!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.