This Saturday, to celebrate the finishing of our high school careers, a group of my friends and I are taking part in paintball (more specifically Woodsball). We have split into two teams with myself as one of the leaders. Now my opponent is an army buff so I know he is in the frame of mind of winning. I, however, shall not accept defeat and I call on you, UG, to aide me in my destruction of my amigo.

So, any tips of advice for paintball? What tactics should I use for King Of The Hill etc?

Also share any paintball related stories you have. It's nothing but good clean fun!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Shooting him in the crotch is always a good paintball tactic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
lol 1 tiem i shot my brothr n the face wth a pantball gun! lol he wusnt werin a mask ether!
Quote by Kensai

The best defence is a good ol' crotch shot.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Quote by Kensai

fo sho
dont get shot in the arse...and always run, dont let yourself get stuck hiding. In one game all my team just charged forward. We won the game in about 5 minutes cos the other team crapped their pants and ran away...and got shot
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
if you scream a lot people will get scared, start talking about how you want to die, no one will shoot you
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
no matter how good of an idea u may think it is dont freakin stay in the same place, u have to keep moving...paintball guns arent accurate enough to play like a sniper. Dont get trigger happy either, also stay low, dont stay standing up like i see alot of idiots doing
Why can almost no one spell in this thread?

Oh and if the guy your going against is army just do the most unexpected thing. Say for example he has you trapped behind a tree just run at him screaming. It will at least put him off for a second. Yeah my idea sucks

Sorry for being a spelling nazi
oh yeah, and if anyone in your team says they'll defend, hit them and tell them not to be such a wuss.

And tell them that they arent snipers...best to get that notion out of their heads quickly
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Well, seeing as we don't know the layouts of any of your game zones, it's hard to give you tactical advice. I'd just say that you should make sure your team will listen to you.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
yeah I have a terrible sniper habit... I usually get shot out pretty quickly

Keep moving, keep low, stay fast.

and travel light! If it's a hot day it's better to shed some protection then mobility.

Yeah you'll get bruises and stuff but it's better to come home bruised a winner then unscratched and a looser.

the only time you'll ever want to stay still. Is if you're in an extremely well covered area.. like a bunker and are distracting a large group of people until either a. your team flanks them or b. the time runs out.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Jun 20, 2007,
if ur playing speedball, or any of the games with inflatables, run sideways from the start and stand behind the tall ones spamming the crap out of everyone then run forwards to the snake and hide in there :P

as for forest games, just dont run too far forward or u will get surrounded and shot where ur mask doesent cover and probably die.
Quote by Kirk Burton
no matter how good of an idea u may think it is dont freakin stay in the same place, u have to keep moving...paintball guns arent accurate enough to play like a sniper. Dont get trigger happy either, also stay low, dont stay standing up like i see alot of idiots doing

that sounds so much like my brother, he usually sits in one place until he sees you, then he stands up and shoots wildly not hitting anything...
Hmmmm....I actually went paintballing for the first time last sunday.....and believe it or not, I was put on a team against the most experienced person that was out there (of course it was four on four but they put all the first timers on a team with one good guy and then four really good guys on the other team)

I got picked to stay defending so i went back a good forty feet behind my flag, got on my stomach...(we were playing in the bush) and stayed there for like fifteen minutes......when the opposing team leader went up for the flag I picked his ass off with two green paintballs to the back.

I use a Tippman 98 Model with a flatline barrel.

I felt so proud of myself.

oh and BTW.......if your playing in a heavily wooded area....use lots of bug dope because my little sniping experience of lying on the ground for fifteen minutes earned me about thirty bug bites.

EDIT: fixed some spelling mistakes for all he spelling nazis out there
Last edited by HangmaN47 at Jun 20, 2007,
ok wat u do is dotn stay in one place u kno move around n stuff find some cover and get to hte top of the hill and make sure they dont go up, since he is a military freak he will probably want the top of the hill or try to get there first DO NOT LET HIM DO THAT also make sure u dont get flanked! watch all sides and keep the higher ground higher ground=win
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
just to say it hurts alot when you get hit semi-close, dont get yourself in a spot where you can easily get stormed, I was scared as hell when I went, i stayed behind a log for ages just because i didnt want to get my stupid arse shot off.

Another thing, if you run out of balls mid round, or are close to, fire you remaining ones at somewhere somone is hiding, you'll scare the hell out of them and just continue to fire blanks, it sounds just like your properly shooting, they wont get out of there hiding spot for awhile and one of your buddies will get him.

Also don't try and get 'bullets' from a friend mid round, it just doesnt work out, and dont pick them up off the floor. If you find your gun is shooting off target then replace it, dont put up with it because its a damn pain in the neck.

If the ref says theres going to be a free-for-all then run for your ****ty life because whoever says they wont shoot you will unload like 50 paint things on you.

Have fun
Quote by Grundy0
Why can almost no one spell in this thread?

Sorry for being a spelling nazi

Bah! Don't complain unless you're sure you're 100% correct

your should be you're
when you stick your head out of a hiding spot, dont do it twince in a row stick your head out in a different spot because its harder to hit you because your always in a different spot

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
pretty much every spot on most courses are pre sighted so no where is really "safe" like everyone else said stay low move a lot and keep your opponent down
screw your clothes,make your team go naked,the other teams initial shock at your nakedness will give you time for some good ol fashioned crotch shots.

i was on the receiving end of the ''naked tactic'' myself
Quote by thesimo
if ur playing speedball, or any of the games with inflatables, run sideways from the start and stand behind the tall ones spamming the crap out of everyone then run forwards to the snake and hide in there :P

as for forest games, just dont run too far forward or u will get surrounded and shot where ur mask doesent cover and probably die.

You obviously know nothing about paintball. I counted about 5 people on here who gave good advice, and sound like real paintballers. Speedball you don't hide for any amount of time, your always moving and looking around not just at one player, called tunnel vision. For woodsball ( not forest games -.- ), don't get stuck in the towers if there is any, if they are in a corner, thats good, but in the middle or so, don't goin., you will just get surrounded. Same as speedball, don't keep your eye on one guy, be aware of your surroundings and know where people are so you don't get flanked. Hope that helps. -Brandon
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
It might help to wear some kind of light gloves (I wore biking gloves) because it really sucks to get shot in the hands. You dont want some huge heavy gloves that are going to screw up your trigger finger, but just something to take the edge off if you get shot in the hand
DUDE! Thats sickk man im doing the EXACT same thing for end of school celebration lol except on a different day, friday lol. And one of my friends is in the army lol hes a beast 6'3" benches 255 lbs but that makes him easier to hit :p So far we got a 3v3 going its gonna be awesome. What gun do you have? I got a Tippmann Custom Pro, im gonna feckin upgrade it so much this summer its gonna be a badass gun.
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
If you are sitting behind cover don't sit right in front of sit a little bit away. When you want to advance and there is someone shooting at you fire a few shoots and then just leg it (they might duck). Also when you fire poke out like they do in video games like when you press the Q or E keys. You don't expose much of your body, and you can still shoot them.

If you are in a team make sure everyone knows exactly what to do. We once had a solid plan and we defeated the opposing enemy in about five minutes. Everyone knew what they were doing, and we did it quickly.

There are some good websites that give advice on team organisation.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Last edited by SavageNights at Jun 24, 2007,
<ake all your team chew tobacco, like Blaine from Predator. It may not help you win, but it will, in Blaines words, "make you a Goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus".
But seriously, the best thing to do in paintball is to get your team to buddy up in 2s. 1 guy moves, the other gives covering fire, even if he can't see anyone to shoot at.
In paintball, real men stand tall and shoot from the hip. Everything else is trying too hard.
One other thing... if you really want to win. Look around cover, not over it.
Quote by apple12335
lol 1 tiem i shot my brothr n the face wth a pantball gun! lol he wusnt werin a mask ether!

Idiot. Haven't you ever seen Biker Grove?
Sneak around before the whistle blows to where they´re preparing/starting from. Soon as the whistle blows...bang! thats what i did last time n me and 1 other person took out like 7 of em...
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Don't be a wuss. It doesn't hurt that bad. Don't be afraid to charge someone if your confident enough. You'll scare the crap out of them if you scream real loud, and you'll be so pumped up on adrenalin you won't feel a thing. Make sure you always have good cover, or are around good cover, because being ambushed and having nowhere to go has got to be the worst thing EVAR! ( ) Don't always stay in the same spot, and be alert to your surroundings. You do NOT want someone sneaking up on your from behind. It happened to me. I was in the middle of a firefight, and two guys cranked up their velocitys (SP?) and snuck around to my left about 100 feet, then blasted me in the back from ten feet away. Hurt like a bitch.
Yeah, cover each other and keep an eye out for hidden people/people sneaking around.
Also the best tactic is flanking. Keep the enemy down with large amount of gun fire at their possition. Some of you sneak around them and come in from a different side then you're shooting at them from. It always works^^
go for the crotch. best way.

once when i was paintballing, playing CTF, some guy shouted 'cover me' but i had no ammo left, so i ran into the enemy base with no ammo firing air shots all over the place.

i got owned.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX