Well, i'm just gonna introduce my bass cose nearly no-one is familiar with it. this bass was produced for a short time only, i dont know why... it sounds FANTASTIC!

It's the Yamaha BB605

Its active, 2 active jazz pickups, with a passive/active switch, pickup selector, pickups blender, bass control, treble control, and volume control...

well, here it is... a great bass that yamaha never gave a chance... mine is the red one... its actually alot darker in person, like dry blood...

http://www.guitarchina.com/yamaha/pic2/BB605_WR.jpg

http://www.scavino.it/yamaha/yamaha_bb605_nat_big.jpg
500€ (which is about 700$) for the bass and a travel case, used (like two times) by one person only...... great deal i think...

you might not think it is if you live in america or something... but here in portugal say... a thunderbird bass can go for over 2700$ with ease.... stuff is really expensive here, and we earn alot less money then most americans.... you guys dont know the luck you have... i mean, we consider your gear prices nearly offered so you can have an idea ahah...
Last edited by DesolationRow0 at Jun 20, 2007,
Surely if we all made a thread about each of our basses there'd be no room for anything else...take a photo of your own bass (not some pic off a website) and post it in the Show Your Bass thread.
I have a yamaha BB400 from the late 70's that's been defretted

Single P pickup and an awesome vintage tone
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I have a yamaha BB400 from the late 70's that's been defretted

Single P pickup and an awesome vintage tone

i though those had 2 pickups... never saw one with only one... they must sound sweet!
^yeah they do especially in fretless, I gigged with it once and had so many compliments on my tone

i think the 2 pups were introduced in the 80's
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects