Ok so I just got this tone blaster. For $65. In opinion thats a great buy as a upgrade from my Ibanez IBZ10G. But I have some questions on it.

Whats reverb? I have not seen it before (yes im a noob). Its a solid state.
Would a tube amp be better or would the tubes blow (i play at full volume sometimes)?
Was it a good buy or do you guys think I got ripped off?
Also it lacks a back and i can see its inside wires and stuff. Is this a problem?

-------AMP PICS----------

thanks for the help guys.
OK, 1, ur not gonna be able to buy a tube amp for 65 bucks, so a solid state was the only thing u were gonna get
Reverb is just echo pretty much
The back being gone actually makes it more convenient for u to upgrade the amp by like changing the speaker or repairing wiring, so its not a problem, n for 65 bucks, i would have bought it too
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by gamerboy266
Ok so I just got this tone blaster. For $65. In opinion thats a great buy as a upgrade from my Ibanez IBZ10G. But I have some questions on it.

Whats reverb? I have not seen it before (yes im a noob). Its a solid state.
Would a tube amp be better or would the tubes blow (i play at full volume sometimes)?
Was it a good buy or do you guys think I got ripped off?
Also it lacks a back and i can see its inside wires and stuff. Is this a problem?

-------AMP PICS----------

thanks for the help guys.

mine was $180
so its definitely worth it
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Reverb is sort of a *supposedly* natural sounding echo. Like playing in a large hall or church or something. Tube amp would be way better, but you ain't gonna be able to afford one that's any good I wouldn't imagine, at your stage.

I wouldn't say you were ripped off in that I'd expect it would probably cost that much on average in shops, but I don't think it was particularly good value in that it's not a great amp. Then again, I'm comparing it to stuff way more expensive so bottomline, no you weren't ripped off.

And seeing the wires shouldn't be a problem at all, though if you notice any strange burning smells/volume levels fluctuating etc then maybe get it checked out at local guitar shop. When you say 'lacks a back' do you mean it's an open back combo amp, or the backplate has been removed?