Ok so I opened up the back of my Squier and noticed the trem block was different from the fender tremolos on guitarfetish. I made a thread a while back and I think you guys mentioned how the bridges on a Squier were different.

Anyways I couldn't get pics but this is what the trem blocks appeared to look like.

Does this effect tone or quality of the guitar? Or do they just look different?
Cause I might consider changing that bridge on my Squier to one of the full sized Fender ones.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
squier trems are supposed to be ****e
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Shouldn't affect your tone quality that much. It might not have a ton of "beef", but you shouldn't notice anything.
The compared tone won't be nearly as comprable as the fact that the fender is better quality than the squier. In the long run, it really shouldn't matter.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
squier trems are supposed to be ****e

Well, that's incredibly helpful. Why don't you start your own TV show!

But yeah, as others have said, the Fender trems have more sustain. More mass on any part of the guitar means more sustain.
Cool, so it seems like the $30 for the guitar fetish trem would be worth it then. I might have to hold back on the amp purchase so I may be able to have a bit of cash to upgrade the Squier.

Thanks for the replies too it helped, feel free to post or add anything else.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 20, 2007,
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Cool, so it seems like the $30 for the guitar fetish trem would be worth it then. I might have to hold back on the amp purchase so I may be abale to have a bit of cash to upgrade the Squier.

remember that the holes that the trem. on the squire are are are different than the fender ones so you might have to fill in the screw holes and make new ones
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
remember that the holes that the trem. on the squire are are are different than the fender ones so you might have to fill in the screw holes and make new ones

I think I could do that, just fill in one or two screw holes and make some new ones. Seems like it'll work.

The trem block and bridge should fit on the guitar though right? Once the holes are matched.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I think I could do that, just fill in one or two screw holes and make some new ones. Seems like it'll work.

The trem block and bridge should fit on the guitar though right? Once the holes are matched.

well if you want a bridge with 6 screws you have to fill them all in i think (im not sure about this because i havent done this just read about it)
Quote by zeppelinpage4

When you get the holes right, it should fit fine. I think.
You might want to be careful, I'm pretty sure that most Squier bodies are thinner than standard Fender ones. There's a good chance that you won't be able to put the backplate back on after you've fitted the new bridge.
Quote by Wokky
You might want to be careful, I'm pretty sure that most Squier bodies are thinner than standard Fender ones. There's a good chance that you won't be able to put the backplate back on after you've fitted the new bridge.

Yeah this should be the case but you beat me to saying it. But some squiers do have thick bodies i believe but i doubt yours has a fender thickness body.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol