To the annoyance of the UG community I put my Les Paul up again for trade or possibly sale. It has an Epi SG pickup in the bridge position and had it set up for good intonation and playability. This guitar weighs about 10.2 pounds. It's no brand name but it comes close with good pickups in it. With some Seymour Duncans or other good pickups this thing can compete with other brands fairly. I can post a video showing how it sounds if anyone wants. I'm not much of a player but it's the guitar not me, right? Asking to trade for any guitar that has a strat like body Squiers or copies. Reason for selling is because I'm just not into the Les Paul shape.
-More info-
It's a bolt on neck. The wood for the body is Poplar. Description from Warmoth.com:
Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera):
This is another standard body wood having been used by many companies over the years. Due to the grey/green color, this wood is used mostly when solid color finishes are to be applied. Its weight generally runs about one half pound more than Alder. Tonally, it is similar to Alder as well. Poplar is a closed grain wood that accepts finish well.

Pictures added on the posts below
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Jul 10, 2007,
Pics:

Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Last edited by CM_X5 at Jun 22, 2007,
Hmmm...pics/info?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
You still there? Any other offers?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Bump. Still looking for offers or for that guy to get back to me.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Wouldn't mind an SG maybe an Epiphone Special.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Hey there, I am fairly interested as a project piece. Few questions; Bolt on? Is it a carved top like an LP or flat? Do all electronics work as they should? Have you shipped much? I am curious about shipping costs to and from Saskatchwan.

R
Don't drink water, fish #@$! in it.
Quote by sumphead
Hey there, I am fairly interested as a project piece. Few questions; Bolt on? Is it a carved top like an LP or flat? Do all electronics work as they should? Have you shipped much? I am curious about shipping costs to and from Saskatchwan.

R

I haven't shipped much so I don't really know shipping prices. I think it would be about $30+ or so for expedited but I'm not too sure on that. It is a bolt on neck and the top is carved not flat. The electronics work without crackling or anything.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
More pictures

Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Bump
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
well, i have an epi sg special. it's ebony. got it maybe a month ago. decent condition, but i've been looking to get an lp copy.
Hey I was actually hoping someone would offer an SG special. I'll PM you later.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I JUST picked up a Black/Black/Cream Squier with a maple neck from a pawn shop. It's got some neglected hardware, but I had planned on fixing that up. It stays in tune great with full bends + manual vibrato and it's tone is very fender-like. It's the 1996 50th year anniversary edition with the standard sized headstock. I might trade, but if you would please record you playing open clean G, C, D and then play dirty with some pretty rough bends and taps. Then switch back to clean and play the same chords. I will highly consider if you're interested, pics will be taken if you're interested.
Yes this is up for trade. I'll try to get a video up of some playing on it but I'll warn ahead of time that I'm not much of a player by your guys standards (I've seen some around here play like crazy) but it should be up maybe later today. At least you'll know what it's like sound-wise.

For what I'm looking for in trade would be mainly another guitar. It can be (and is preferred) either an Epi SG Special or a good Squier strat but this doesn't mean I won't take any other offer. As long as I can use it for Hard Rock/Metal then it's all good. I'd consider pedals and practise amps as well.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I'll trade my Squier Bullet, but it's not of much value.

How much did you pay for this? I'd consider trading my Jackson DX7 but I don't want to get ripped off. The volume knob needs to have the wires reattatched to the contacts but otherwise it works perfectly. It's a strat-style 7-string.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
This guitar cost $400+ when it was new. I'm actually starting to get into 7 stringed guitars so I may go for the DX7 depending. Really interested in the Ibanez as well. Could both you guys (atreyurock and davers) send pics and info to colinx5@gmail.com about your guitars? I'm gonna go and record right away and I'll have a video up within the next hour or so.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVvFIqPk20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YTPrIQFvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5ng5mje9w

I had to upload 2 separate videos because Windows Movie Maker ruined the sound of the clean but did even worse for the distorted. The last 2 are distortion and the first one is clean. The videos are dark due to a crappy camera.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
nice man i thought you sounded pretty accomplished..... but would you be interested in a project guitar of sorts? like i have a body that i am uying stuff for to place in it and it is an old tiesco but i am changin a lot of things on it right now.
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by SchecterFreak
nice man i thought you sounded pretty accomplished..... but would you be interested in a project guitar of sorts? like i have a body that i am uying stuff for to place in it and it is an old tiesco but i am changin a lot of things on it right now.

Thanks. I wouldn't mind another project guitar under normal circumstances but I already have 2 that are taking up most of my guitar fund.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I e-mailed you the pics of the DX7. You sounded pretty good in those videos you posted by the way, way better than I could. I've only been playing for 2 1/2 years but still.
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

Thanks, I've been playing for 2 1/2 years or so as well. I just sent an e-mail back. Let me know what you think.

Davers I really would have liked the Ibanez but I've been leaning towards 7 strings lately and I have a bit of a problem with whammy bars (just bad experiences) as well. I have a friend if your interested in selling that would buy it in a heartbeat so if you want to hang on to it I can probably get him to buy it within the next couple of weeks or so. That Ibanez seems like exactly the guitar he's been wanting really bad for awhile.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I've been playing for 2 1/2 years also, but I guess I've focused too much on rhythm and not enough on lead because I can't play anything like that very well. I sent you an e-mail back.
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

I Have a tele project I've built, ebay body, pickups, and hardware, and a rogue neck and neckplate. The neck came off a piece of crap black roguei used to have, but the neck is the best playing neck I've owned. Thin and wide, very jackson like. The body is a maple/ alder ply. No filler, just a mix of the two woods for a combination of the tones, much liek they do with many top-end basses. Three tone sunburst, low action, and a high-pass mod on the volume controll, so you don't lose treble as you turn it down. I can get picture if you'd like.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
The tele sounds nice but I'm already dealing with atreyurock9. Thanks for the offer though.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Sounds good, If it falls through let me know.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
B.C. Rich Beast NJ for trade?
Quote by Air Guitarist!
yeah if she starts gettin fat just punch her in the stomach once or twice a day

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Spit everywhere, and just yell things at the crowd.

Quote by Virgil_Hart05
YOUR MOM (guitar) and YOUR OTHER MOM on drums
I have decided to just keep the guitar. It costs too much to ship and shipping itself is a bit of a hassle so thanks for all the offers you guys were giving but I'll just hang on to this. I'll be posting here again if I change my mind.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP