Page 1 of 2
I have an xbox360 but my girlfriend wants a wii (she doesnt like all the fighting games) . Are wiis really that good?. Doesnt jumping around playing tennis get boring?
Yeah that's what i thought when i first saw it.like when you just wanna chill out and play some games at night you don't wanna go jumping around.
...does anyone actually have one?....

also with the soccer game can you strap the wii-mote to your leg?.
my wii is pretty good teehee

but yeah wii's are fun if there if you play with friends,otherwise you look like a tool getting angry at mario
I'd want an Xbox 360 first, but since you already have one, then get a Wii for sure.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by garrett5
I want too get a 360 for Ace Combat 6!

That's the ONLY game you want a 360 for? Look at Gears of War (Obviously),Bioshock, Kane and Lynch, RE5, Halo 3, Crackdown, and countless others. Plus Transformers looks decent.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
That's the ONLY game you want a 360 for? Look at Gears of War (Obviously),Bioshock, Kane and Lynch, RE5, Halo 3, Crackdown, and countless others. Plus Transformers looks decent.

No way, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and a whole bunch of other games look awesome.. but Ace Combat is my favorite game series of all time.
Well , it depends, wii does offer many things.
Pros
Sick multiplayer (funner than normal in my experience)
PG games
Awesome motion capture controllers
Can mod chip and download all games.
More kinetic skill involved
Cons
When you're alone it's somewhat boring
PG games (:P goes both ways)
Not something you would play if you want to chill (as mentioned before)
Becomes repetitive.
Red steel.
I have a Wii, I like it a lot, it's actually my favorite out of the next gens.

The sports games are actually a lot of fun, but they do get boring if you play them all day. You don't really jump around while playing, you mainly just swing your arms. Get Twilight Princess for weeks of entertainment.
Wii suck dick. There are 3 good games for it 360 own! Ill trade my Wii for your 360 ;D I really wish i diddnt buy it. I played twilight princess then got bored and now i play like 1 or twice a month. THe issue is the lack of good games, or games in general for that matter. Its kinda like the DS, Not many good games, but the good ones are ****in amazing. Twilight Princess and Red Steel. Not worth buying, don't waste your money.
i have a wii and its a pretty good system. besides mario party 8 the only game that is extremely enjoyable is wii sports which comes with the system. im just waiting untill after the summer and around christmas when all the good games are coming out, such as mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 and all the EA sports 08. if i were you i would wait to get the wii untill the really nice games come out.

EDIT: yeah ssbb is going to be out of this world
get A WII! i got one and it ****in rocks. get Splinter Cell, Madden, Zelda twilight princess and Elebits, and then you'll be set for life, man. those games rock.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by rawr!
Wii suck dick. There are 3 good games for it 360 own! Ill trade my Wii for your 360 ;D I really wish i diddnt buy it. I played twilight princess then got bored and now i play like 1 or twice a month. THe issue is the lack of good games, or games in general for that matter. Its kinda like the DS, Not many good games, but the good ones are ****in amazing. Twilight Princess and Red Steel. Not worth buying, don't waste your money.

hmm thats always been nintendos problem. i have a n64 with like 5 games (although they were all classics..mario 64, mario kart, goldeneye, zelda etc.

Why dont the release something like mario 64 instead of all these crappy side things like marios childrens pizza making club lol
Quote by ElephantTalk
hmm thats always been nintendos problem. i have a n64 with like 5 games (although they were all classics..mario 64, mario kart, goldeneye, zelda etc.

Why dont the release something like mario 64 instead of all these crappy side things like marios childrens pizza making club lol

I have Super Paper Mario and it's a great game. Mario Galaxy will be the awsome. Don't worry Wii will have great games in the future.
ive got a wii and although their shining point is their family friendly games and interactive controls there are also some great FPS(red steel)
save the money, tell your girlfriend to suck your wii and play x box live. everyone wins. you have money, she gets her non violent games, and you can use your xbox.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Quote by Incardito
Well , it depends, wii does offer many things.
Pros
Sick multiplayer (funner than normal in my experience)
PG games
Awesome motion capture controllers
Can mod chip and download all games.
More kinetic skill involved
Cons
When you're alone it's somewhat boring
PG games (:P goes both ways)
Not something you would play if you want to chill (as mentioned before)
Becomes repetitive.
Red steel.

Actually like the first ever Adult Only game for a console is for Wii... Manhunt 2, you can blow holes through heads.
Quote by blink182plus44
Actually like the first ever Adult Only game for a console is for Wii... Manhunt 2, you can blow holes through heads.

I'll assume you're American and say DAMN YOU! Manhunt 2's been banned here in the UK. Sucks for us.
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

the wii is ****ing awesome. get one, hell get two. they rull so much

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Get a Wii, you want to.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I own a Wii. There awesome. Really fun with lots of friends. There aren't really any good games other than Mario Party 8. But when games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime come out its gonna be wicked.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
wii rocks man! the wife and i bought it at launch, and have been enjoying it tons. don't be fooled by the actors on TV tho.. you don't really move around THAT much when you play the wii. maybe for the wii sports.. but i mean.. it was designed to be that way. games like zelda.. or excitetruck, paper mario.. etc etc.. require only very small hand movements. never the need to jump around like an enraged monkey wildly swinging the wiimote around in a vain attempt to pitch a ball.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by ElephantTalk
I have an xbox360 but my girlfriend wants a wii (she doesnt like all the fighting games) . Are wiis really that good?. Doesnt jumping around playing tennis get boring?

Dude... Zelda?

I don't actually own a Wii, although I have Twilight Princess for Gamecube. Best game ever made, as far as I'm concerned. Red Steel looks cool though, what with the all the katana and guns and Japanese hookers.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jun 21, 2007,
Quote by ElephantTalk

Oh my friend, you havent discovered the miracle of "the fist" yet. Show her "the fist", and help her change her mind
Quote by Holy Katana
Red Steel looks cool though, what with the all the katana and guns and Japanese hookers.

Apparently it's a disappointment.

Quote by magicninja_
Metroid prime 3

Completely forgot that was coming out. I knew there was a reason I got the Wii, aside from it being so good. But yeah, threadstarter, it's a great console, it's fun, and this is just me but I've never got bored of playing any games on it (I'm on my second time through Twilight Princess).
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by The Overlord

Completely forgot that was coming out. I knew there was a reason I got the Wii, aside from it being so good. But yeah, threadstarter, it's a great console, it's fun, and this is just me but I've never got bored of playing any games on it (I'm on my second time through Twilight Princess).

Don't forget the new Super Smash Bros.

Wiis are a barrel of fun, whether you play video games regularly or not.

It's fresh and original. Don't bash it until you try it!

There seems to be a variety of games on it as well to please you.
no, no, no, NO NO!!!!!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by catchtherainbow
I think a PS2 will serve you very well :P olde-school gaming FTW

A PS2 isn't old school.

Page 1 of 2