Hey i was wondering does anyone own one of these or has anyone tried one. Not the cheap starter package but the actual signature with the Kahler trem and the pre amp. Im lookin at buying one and i was wondering how the kahler trem and the pre amp work and i was wondering if its really a good guitar. Any advice or info is helpful. THANKS!!!
those are amazing guitars

the neck plays great, the pickups are good, the tremelo stays in tune pretty well

all around great guitars
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Whats the benifit of the Kahler over say a Floyd Rose and what do i gain with the pre amp???
nice guitar, but way overpriced, you just pay to have Kerry Kings signature on there
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
i admit, you're paying for the name, and you could find a comparable guitar for less, but i still love it

and theres a chance you can find it cheap online
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I read that with that Kahler you can like lock it and make it like a fixed bridge or something. Annnnnnd another question i got is how does the Kahler system handle drop tuning like drop b and c standard and that kinda stuff. Will it take like 3 hours just to down tune it then 3 more to get it back to standard or what am i lookin at?

Thanks
I have the cheap one, it plays really well. I think I'd feel ripped if I hadn't got it for 300 bucks, but it's a good playing guitar. If you're going for the high-end, try and find it used but in good condition.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
The Kahlers on the KKVs are cheaper Kahler Xs which are like LFRs, made overseas by other companies. However I would take a cheap Kahler over a cheap Floyd since Kahlers don't have knife edges to crap out. As far as alternate tunings, Kahlers have a string tension screw you turn when you change gauges or tunings.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
i honestly think for the price you pay for one of these your not getting a great guitar, the pickups are good but thats about it, like said before its not an american kahler, its not a bad kahler cuz theres no such thing, but most of the ads ive seen lead you to believe it is an american, my biggest problem with BC Rich has always been their cheap componets, the wood on this guitar is ok, but i have an odd feeling most of the pots and wiring connections may not be up to par, id seriously look into other guitars before you commit to buying this, BC Rich makes money on looks not tone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
^agreed. the only good BC Riches really for that kind of money are the Calibre series. Thats it. If I were you, Id get a custom or a Jackson USA. Those are really worth your money.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Austrorammer
nice guitar, but way overpriced, you just pay to have Kerry Kings signature on there

I wouldn't say that, It's not a bad guitar for the price, Neck through, Grover tuners, Ebony fretboard, abalone inlays, EMGs, and not to mention the Kahler tremolo. you're not going to find a similar guitar in the price range, especially one with a maple body.