Hey, would really appreciate some feedback on the track "Fell In Love With A Girl" by the White Stripes, particularly on how the track was mixed...just trying to make sure the volumes are in proportion to each other...thanks alot,

James

myspace.com/thestaleyexperience
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard
Last edited by staley7 at Jun 20, 2007,
Really nice, you have Jack's style of singing in there.

I also liked the seven nation army one.

9.5/10

Is the girl your sister?
That was good, I liked your voice

Id like it more if you made the ah's more clear so i could hear the difference between the notes better
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
well, i can see the jokes will come flooding in, but yeah, she's my sister lol. As for her drumming, she never had any instruction or anything, but she picked up the basics pretty quick...I think she drummed both tracks (even though they are White Stripes songs) very well, but our kit is so crap that the symbals (which are pretty much paper thing) dont pick up on the mike...so yeah, thanks alot for the feedback, means alot,
James
My Equipment

Parker Hornet (PM-20)
Fender: HotRod Deluxe (40 Watt)
Dunlop: CryBaby Wah-Pedal (GCB-95)
Boss: Phase Shifter (PH-3)
Ibanez: Tube Screamer (TS 808)
MXR 10-Band EQ (M-108)
Dunlop Fuzz Face (JDF2)
SKB Stage Five Pedalboard
Quote by staley7
well, i can see the jokes will come flooding in, but yeah, she's my sister lol.

Right, now pretend to be married, and you'll be the reverse Stripes
Overall, I think it was pretty good, but you could add a bit more bass to the guitar to make it sound fuller or something, at the moment it sounds a bit hollow. Also, the drum sound is f*ked up
Overall it was good though, no mistakes that I could hear, and your voice suits the song.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610836
Crit mine?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Pretty good. Just need to record in better quality next time.

I however see no resemblance with band members/look with you and White Stripes. /Sarcasm