I want a large amp. I play mostly punk, but I dabble in jazz, funk, reggae. I would like to spend like 500 bucks. Any Suggestions?
Well you can go with the Fender Rumble 100/210 or /115. Or you coud go with the fender Bass man 150 which is a 12" speaker. The non-fender options here is mostly the Ampeg BA 115 (100 watts) or 210. You could also go GK Backline 115/210 but I've heard some pretty terrible things. Overall I would personally get a Rumble 100 (I can't stand a 12" speaker) or the Ampeg BA.
Wawrick amps are severly underrated
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
jazz-rock is right on. also check out Ashdowns' EB15-180 combo, and GK's Brat Pack
Half Stack. Peavey has always been a nice "mid-priced" brand, also.
ashdowns or bust.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
jazz-rock is right on. also check out Ashdowns' EB15-180 combo, and GK's Brat Pack

I own a GK Brat Pack and despite Musiciansfriend's lackaluster comments of it, I think it's a pretty solid amp especially for the price. It's a good starter big amp, if that makes sense
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

I own a GK Brat Pack. I think it's a pretty solid amp especially for the price. It's a good starter big amp, if that makes sense
I got an Ibanez Soundwave combo for around $375. 100 watts, 10 in. speaker, tweeter, and it sounds solid. no problems with it so far, had it since December
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Oh Warwick, I forgot they even made amps... Isn't it the sweet 115 that's in this range? You have one don't you? I seem to remember hearing they were very nice as well.

they are very nice, beautiful warm tone with a 15inch woofer and tweeter. mine was AU$800 so probably be less then US$500

and those genre's, to easy for this amp
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
i've got a roland cube 100 watts that i got for around 450, it work amazing.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by epy
ashdowns or bust.

I wholeheartedly agree
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I got a Warwick Neo Pro 410 and a 300watt amp for less than that, It' s got such a sweet sound ... Get It!

Warwick's are awesome but so are Ashdowns and if you can afford a decent Ampeg then go for that.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)