My band and I are trying to cover some songs and im the only guitarist and we can only do so many green day and blink covers. Im pretty decent at guitar, prob not capable of pulling off any impressive solo though. Pretty open to any genre but prob more modern stuff preferebly. So any songs/bands w/ one guitar u reccomend?
YOU CAN DO SOME acdc, certian songs have a worthless rythem thats not even recognizable, claptons doable
"Pieces" or "Crawling in the Dark" by Hoobastank.

Whee.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Hendrix Songs, RHCHP songs lots and lots of songs
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
cover kick in the eye by Bauhaus, it's not well known and kicks ass, hope you have a good bassist for it though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
you need some Loudness.

Crazy Doctor
Like Hell
Angel Dust
S.D.I. (actually....that may be kinda hard...)

i think this site has some of those tabs. go find them. not only are they extremely fun, but you can pick up some good technique if you manage to master them.
black sabbath, motely crue, sublime, hendrix, RHCP, the doors....oh, u said recent...learn beverly hills
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by sherwood123
dont forget Rush

Hahaha, he can't do much soloing so you go for Rush...niiiiice
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i second the White Stripes recommendation as well as RHCP. Could also try Sex Pistols, i think they have some fun stuff to play
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
Some led zeppelin / ozzy. You say you might not be able to pull out the solos but you could try stuff like 'whole lotta love' with an easy solo or just improvise where the solos should be. Also as mentioned, some RHCP or some easy hendrix songs like hey joe and fire.
The Casualties?
System Of A Down?
some songs by Trivium?

expand your mind idiot, lol.
Even bands that have TWO guitarists still have both guitars playing the same thing
Quote by popcorn88
cowboys from hell - pantera
fat lip - sum41
...offspring
just some i know

fat lip has two guitars in it but only in the chorus thing, you could just play rythem for that
van halen, pantera, jimi hendrix, eric clapton, black sabbath, zakk wylde, yngwie malmsteen, the darkness, motley crue, ozzy, santana, nirvana...
Some Van Halen songs aren't that hard to learn. (ie: Runnin' With The Devil, Ain't Talkin' Bout Love)
You can do many songs in a 3 piece band, not just "throwaway" songs that you need to ask questions about.

What everything comes down to is the way you sound when the rhythm guitar is gone and the only thing providing rhythm is the bass, and drums..and you kick in and do a solo

If you're good, people won't care that the rhythm guitar is gone. You have to make it sound good no matter what you play. Some songs are harder then others.
Muse, RATM, Audioslave...
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, System of a Down (Drop-C tuning and Half Step Down Drop-D), The Offspring, and other punk bands.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab