E: 5-8

but im not exactly sure.

ugh thats pattern one in A minor
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Google it and you will probably (if you search properly) find a website that will show you all the position of the pentatonic on the neck (don't forget that on the 12's frets the notes start all over again, wich mean the 12 E string for exemple is the same thing as the open string)

You will probably find it on the internet with all position. To change key, just have fun moving the whole "shape" from one fret at a time on the neck, so if you have 8-9, well it is going to be 9-10 if you move it to the right, and so on...

clear?
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
the penatonic is the scale used by blues, rock,even metal guitarist everywhere. Its the most user freindly scale out there.
I found a cool little program called scaletool the other day. It's free. Google it.

It shows a lot of different scales and allows you to play around with the notes. It also displays as either a keyboard or fretboard. Again, pretty cool since I'm trying to learn theory, guitar and piano at the same time.
Guys, check your spelling. It's "PENTATONIC", not "pentonic" or "penatonic". It's from the Greek for "five-tone" scale.
Quote by Rock-Guitarist1
ok, so i heard the solo in stairway to heaven is a pentonic scale, that true? if so which one?

it's in A minor pentatonic which is exacxtly what you posted at the top of the page.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
^^ yep and most songs from the 70s/80s used pentatonics, lots of people aspired to play the blues
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by leeb rocks
it's in A minor pentatonic which is exacxtly what you posted at the top of the page.

isn't stairway solo in F?
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
F is a relative key if i remember properly, but ive always been told its in A
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210