I plan on getting one or the other in time. I really like the JS1000 and the Joe and Fred pickups. What do you guys think, should I get the JS1000 or 1200, or get a Carvin California Carved Top and change the pickups?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Carvin, no contest.

A guitar based on your specifications vs. a guitar based on somebody else's specifications.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ Unless you want the JS multiradius neck, which is really quite awesome. IMO, the Satriani series are the only sig Ibanez that's worth the price they ask for it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
the major difference between the two models is the neck. have you played either? i really like the mahogany CT neck tung oiled. it feels just right to me for a guitar of that scale, shape, and weight. you do get a more guitar with carvin but if you dont live in CA and near a carvin store you probably wont get to try too many out. however, i, and some other carvin owners, can help you out if you wish. still, the js is a sweet guitar and should match up nicely with your jsx
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I played the JS1000 and didn't think the neck was too special. I haven't played Carvins before, but I've heard nothing but good things. I'm also capable of making any adjustment to the guitar it might need.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Jun 21, 2007,
Who here on UG owns, or has extensively played Carvin guitars?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
^i'd be one. ive been to the carvin hollywood store several times and spent quite a bit of time in there. i havent played all the models but have played the CTs
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

and whats the consensus? good guitars and reliable quality control?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
you should request the free carvin dvd and see why their quality control is so good. the guitars are great if you find a design and options you like. price is also very reasonable.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head