I'm looking into buying a used Peavey Classic 30 right now. I know i want it used, but does it matter if for this particular amp if it is made in around 2002 or like 1997? I know the only difference is that it might need a tube change for the older one, am I right? Does it really matter how old it is?
nice. i think used ones sound better than really brand spankin' new amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
NOt really, unless the amps go through some sort of wiring change, which is unlikely.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Peavey's are legendary for their reliability. Buy IT!
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
I just bought a early/mid 90's model peavey. Just have the tubes tested before you buy it if you dont want to bother with changing them in the first year... the one I bought tested better than good on a tube tester which means they will be at their peak of performance. Buying used is great.
I just bought a 1987 Carvin X100B and it works great. Just make sure you're getting a good price. Put a search in ebay and look at the prices people are paying for used Classic 30s. There are lots of used ones on ebay usually. ::type Also, make sure the seller has at least a 99% approval rating.
Last edited by gmsje at Jun 22, 2007,
^Yea, I deleted the first post. Didn't realize it had posted.
No problem going used if it's a good amp. Peavey's last forever, my dad gave me an old peavey 2x12 amp from when he was in high school, I fired it up when I got it, still works fine.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra