Ok ive been playing for about 3-4 years have 4 guitars"Epiphone les paul,epiphone sg,some spanish guitar(nylon)and a squier strat the les paul is so screwed up cuz my nephew the strat ok and sg perfect condition yet i cant be creative at with it.And its the only things that isnt so messed up by family i have been practicing with new tunings like drop c and whenever i tune back to standard u hate the sound!.and i suck at pinch harmonics cuz those are new for me i have digitech death metal without the adapter and a rp 200 without a adapter so there arent any new creative sounds coming and i have nnothing but thin picks(wich suck)And i have anger issues/.i can play about the intermediate -advanced level i guess but i just need new equipment to help me do something new .The sg is so uncomfortable .
Why are your guitars uncomfortable? Like Body Shape, Neck Feel, Tone, Weight?

Like myself, I hate the feeling of my explorer sometimes, so I play my strat, and vis-versa... sometimes just changing the strings on a guitar makes it feel 100 times better.
Maybe your guitars just need a set up. If you feel frustrated just stop playing for a couple days and take a break. If you want to upgrade you equipment that always fine, but remember its not going to make you any better at guitar.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by xPURGATORYx
whats the question? it sounds like you are just complaining about not being any good.

no its no that its just i my new guitar sucks for me basicly and i dont want to use my strat thats what im sayn
Actually thats a good idea.BuT i dont know what i should get im thinking a b.c.rich or jackson or even a ibanez and im not complaning but my skill level and **** im just saying im pissed off at a waste of money guitar
yeah...

Right now I'm playing a target starter strat and a tiny pignose amp and I got all the tones I need.

Sure it ain't exactly versatile and the only sounds I can really get are ear shattering trebley and thin or muddy sounding with a bit of fuzz thrown in... but I make do.

Plus I'm able to squeeze a pretty good Eric Johnson Cliffs of Dover sound out of that sucker...

but hey... most of his tone is in the fingers.

So be happy with what you got.

Happiness = creativity

frustration = more frustration
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by atreyufan80
no its no that its just i my new guitar sucks for me basicly and i dont want to use my strat thats what im sayn

um... why would you buy them then? i mean, considering you have 4 guitars and have been playing for only 3 years, i'm forced to think that it is just a problem with your guitar playing and not the equipment itself. so practice practice practice. your equipment isn't going to make you any better (unless it is next to broken).
Last edited by xPURGATORYx at Jun 21, 2007,
If you're not gonna change amps or get any other effect pedals you're tone will eventually be limited and you'll be in the same situation you're in now.
Quote by xPURGATORYx
um... why would you buy them then? i mean, considering you have 4 guitars and have been playing for only 3 years, i'm forced to think that it is just a problem with your guitar playing and not the equipment itself. so practice practice practice. your equipment isn't going to make you any better (unless your guitar is next to broken).
Dude im saying that im not comfortable with that 1 guitar and i have cheap guitars and i want different stuff i didnt go around playing guitars at guitar center like you supposed to .I just picked that becuz i only had 200 bucks for guitars.And im pissed !Not at my playing!
Quote by garrett5
Why are your guitars uncomfortable? Like Body Shape, Neck Feel, Tone, Weight?

Like myself, I hate the feeling of my explorer sometimes, so I play my strat, and vis-versa... sometimes just changing the strings on a guitar makes it feel 100 times better.

Kinda like the level were the strings are from the fretboard
Quote by atreyufan80
Dude im saying that im not comfortable with that 1 guitar and i have cheap guitars and i want different stuff i didnt go around playing guitars at guitar center like you supposed to .I just picked that becuz i only had 200 bucks for guitars.And im pissed !Not at my playing!

$200 can get you a playable guitar...
yes, a more expensive one would probably be better quality, but you can still play on a $200 one. it doesn't hinder your creativity really (unless you're wanting a floyd rose or something, but i dont think that is the situation). if you could only play decently on expensive guitars, then somethings wrong. i don't think that is the case though.
Quote by xPURGATORYx
$200 can get you a playable guitar...
yes, a more expensive one would probably be better quality, but you can still play on a $200 one. it doesn't hinder your creativity really (unless you're wanting a floyd rose or something, but i dont think that is the situation). if you could only play decently on expensive guitars, then somethings wrong. i don't think that is the case though.
No thats my only guitar that isnt f**** up.And im not saying that.I loved my squier strat .And thats ****.but its all messed up .
Quote by atreyufan80

all i will say is STOP COMPLAINING!!! you have four guitars which you hate, i have two which i love. if you dont like your FOUR guitars then next time buy something better instead of just buying something because you want a new guitar. you say you have two pedals without adapters... so get adapters for them. you say you have thin picks which suck according to you... so get thicker picks.
Quote by atreyufan80
no i have 1 guitar i hate!

well if you have 3 that you dont hate, then why dont you play them instead of complaining about the 1 out of 4 that you do hate
Quote by xPURGATORYx
if you dont have a question, then what is the point of this thread? to complain?

i do have a question wich i posted and its who has a epiphone sg that doesent like it?or who does like it?
im actually in the same boat right now. i have only one good guitar, but its a hollowbody and cant get good distortion which i really want.

all i can see is that we're both screwed for getting ****ty guitars that we really dont need.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Hmm... trollthread. *reported*

Teen angst is not supposed to go in the Electric Guitar forum.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.