Hmm. I was just wondering, for all those swinging the guitar around, jumping in the air, etc, is it more of an inborn skill, or something you can develop with practise?

Edit:
Also, any tips on how to grip the guitar? Whenever I've tried moving my left hand, it always feels like I have to grip the guitar really hard. Do I just need to develope my arm strength, or am I missing something?
Last edited by MadLordWinder at Jun 21, 2007,
is definetly practice, no kid out there is gonna pick-up a strat, swing it around with out any practice with out hurting himself or the guitar. jumping is pretty easy if you can dance a lil bit.
make sure you have straplocks...my ex guitarist...tried it without.

imagine a watermelon hitting the wall.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
make sure you have straplocks...my ex guitarist...tried it without.

imagine a watermelon hitting the wall.

lawl, i'd be funny if it hit the wall, smashed into a hundred pieces, and goes on fire for now reason.

a nice substitute for strap locks is my improviced locks, screw off your strap head things. Screw them in upside down so the bigger part is facing the body and screw it in with the strap on and it should lock your strp pretty nicely.
Why would you wanna follow fall out boy?

Just get straplocks,and practice without the cable.You might trip
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
straplocks, a wireless system and a bit of practice.
Straplocks cus you don't want your guitar to go flying off.
A wireless system cus you don't wanna trip and hit the floor or worse: land on your guitar.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Are cliploks good for that stuff? i just put a set on my Jackson and while i dont intend to throw my guitar around it seems like it would hold pretty well if i tried to.
Also, any tips on how to grip the guitar? Whenever I've tried moving my left hand, it always feels like I have to grip the guitar really hard. Do I just need to develope my arm strength, or am I missing something?
Quote by DagMX
straplocks, a wireless system and a bit of practice.
Straplocks cus you don't want your guitar to go flying off.
A wireless system cus you don't wanna trip and hit the floor or worse: land on your guitar.

Swinging a guitar around while still attached to a cable=humor
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Try to find some videos on youtube. I remember one where the guy did it was so stoked he had, the cameraman asked him to do it again and it went flying.

STRAPLOCKS or at least make sure it won't come off.
Quote by Hakael
Swinging a guitar around while still attached to a cable=humor

My lead guitarist did somethign similiar once. The cable was passing over his leg and I was to his left and the drummer behind him. SO he kept turning to talk to us and the cable wrapped around his leg making him trip..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by redstripe
lawl, i'd be funny if it hit the wall, smashed into a hundred pieces, and goes on fire for now reason.

a nice substitute for strap locks is my improviced locks, screw off your strap head things. Screw them in upside down so the bigger part is facing the body and screw it in with the strap on and it should lock your strp pretty nicely.

ive been known to use electical tape! lol put that was cuz i needed a new screw so i said f it and screwed and taped
Last edited by metalphreak87 at Jun 22, 2007,
You don't grip the neck, you use your fingers to fret, not gripping the neck to fret.

tricks? Start of with basic ones, then build up.
You can try guitar swing first.
ewwww

swinging guitars around heads reminds me of all these modern talentless trash oops i mean punk bands... sum 41, fall out boy etc

very UNcool