So I plugged my guitar into my amp and no sound is being made when I hit the strings. The same problem happens with the 2 amps I've tested it with (both fender amps, one is 3-4 years old, the other one I got like a week prior to when the problem started happening) and also 2 guitar lead cables which leads me to the conclusion (and under the advice of my sisters boyfriend who is a very experienced guitarist) that it is an input on the guitar problem.

My sisters boyfriend said he'd fix it, but it's been a couple of weeks, so I'd just like to fix it myself.....does anyone know what the exact problem is, and steps I have to take to fix it?

~ Dave
Take it into a guitar shop. Sounds like one of the wires at the output jack has come loose or maybe even the contacts..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by tunasband
is the volume knob turned up? (just because some people make stupid mistakes like that)

lol, yeah. I've messed around with all the knobs etc.

You can still hear the hum etc from the amp etc, it's just that I hit the strings and nothing happens.
You can remove the input jack (very easy), and check for disconnected wires. If there are some, just solder them back together. If not, and all connections are good, you should remove the pickguard assembly (Strat), or the back plates (Les Paul) and see if there are loose wires there.
If you did all that and it still doesn't work, take it to a tech.
Quote by which ones pink
You can remove the input jack (very easy), and check for disconnected wires. If there are some, just solder them back together. If not, and all connections are good, you should remove the pickguard assembly (Strat), or the back plates (Les Paul) and see if there are loose wires there.
If you did all that and it still doesn't work, take it to a tech.

Hmmmm, or maybe it's just time to get a new guitar. This one is like 4-5 years old, and I have been wanting a strat for a while now.
No, not time to get a new guitar - they just don't blow like light bulbs.
Pull it apart, check for disconnected wires.
Do what he said but if you're not confident in your soldering ability, just use electrical tape.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.