I really like the way dean guitars look but i was wondering if anyone could make a suggestion for one that looks good, plays good, and is between 500-900 dollars canadian?

Any suggestions are really appreciated and if you could also post a link to the guitar it would be great thank you
Anything that doesn't involve Dimebag Darrel should be a good deal. You're talking about the MLs, right?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Anything more specific? Budget is useful, but what do you play? Whatever you do, avoid the Razorbacks. Actually not keen on Deans (rhyme!), but the Dimebag related things are best avoided, believe me.
kk so dean isnt as great i also like jackson but some seem a bit out of my price range
Quote by Ironlance3
I play metal by the way more thrash then anything

I'd head over to ESP in that case. Try their Vipers or M series, much better.
No offence to anybody here that dislikes Deans, but I think you need to try them out for yourself and not just take other people opinions. I'm not saying there good or bad, I just think if you didn't try at least one out you could lose out on a good guitar.
Quote by mfkr
No offence to anybody here that dislikes Deans, but I think you need to try them out for yourself and not just take other people opinions. I'm not saying there good or bad, I just think if you didn't try at least one out you could lose out on a good guitar.

I agree. I've tried a 30th anniversary ML, and the neck felt like a block of wood. The pickups sounded like a mosquito in a pillbox. That guitar is expensive. Quite honestly, I think Dean are overpriced and sub-par. Then again, Dime and the Trivium boys would disagree
Buy the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser.This guitar is amazing and is in your price range.

Without a Floyd Rose
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

With an Original Floyd Rose
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-C1-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513134

With a different body style
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-Avenger-Electric-Guitar?sku=513844

Amazing for trash metal.
Quote by yonathon
whats wrong with deans???
and whats wrong with the dime stuf??

tis known as jumping on the band wagon and stupidity ,,, for example those that think LFR means crap even if the guitar in question costs a good 2000 quid
Strat shaped guitars, or any "normal" shaped guitars are usually more comfortable to play sitting down and are easier to find cases for. If you still want a V or Explorer shaped guitar, ESP is the best I think but there are also Jackson Randy Rhoads V's. Ibanez guitars have slim necks and are good for playing fast things and I've heard good things about Schecters, but I've also heard they have thick necks. I, having experience with Jacksons, would tell you to get one if you want to play metal. Hope that helps.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Dean Black Gold V: Link

Dean Black Gold Z: Link

Both are good guitars in that price range. And ignore all the idiot Dean haters. I bet 75% of them haven't actually tried one, or at least one of the higher priced guitars.
I've got a Dean Icon that I won't sell for 10X what I paid for it. All the guy's I play with are looking at Dean because of it. Unfortunately like everything else not all Deans are created equal. I've also played a few I was seriously disappointed with. I have to agree that the Dime stuff just isn't worth the money. They sound ok, but I didn't think they were $3500 ok at least not compared with my Icon

But to get to your question I played this (took a road trip to the place) and was very impressed.

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/names/dean-%22black-gold%22-v-with-case--DVBG.htm

I'm not a big fan of the V shape body, but this guitar almost made me change my mind. It was hard to walk away from it. Sounded excellent.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Ironlance3
I really like the way dean guitars look but i was wondering if anyone could make a suggestion for one that looks good, plays good, and is between 500-900 dollars canadian?

Any suggestions are really appreciated and if you could also post a link to the guitar it would be great thank you

dean and good do not mix. i highly recommend you look elsewhere, and not base a guitar on how it looks, that screams insecurity.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by webbtje
I agree. I've tried a 30th anniversary ML, and the neck felt like a block of wood. The pickups sounded like a mosquito in a pillbox. That guitar is expensive. Quite honestly, I think Dean are overpriced and sub-par. Then again, Dime and the Trivium boys would disagree

That's because of endorsement. They get their deans for free. If they had to pay for them, they wouldn't like them so much.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
and dime played washburn for the majority of his career, and went back to dean weeks before his death.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I would recommend an ESP or Jackson RR.

The Schecter C-1s necks are thin (not Wizard thin), but the width is smaller compared to others. Not very good for thrash. Others may disagree with me, but its easier to thrash around with a wider neck.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
Quote by tubadude
and dime played washburn for the majority of his career, and went back to dean weeks before his death.

He did? What about the Dean from Hell he used and the ML he used for Far Beyond Driven? Don't tell me those were washburns, cause why would Dean make them if they were?
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by Stentroll
He did? What about the Dean from Hell he used and the ML he used for Far Beyond Driven? Don't tell me those were washburns, cause why would Dean make them if they were?

from 1996 to november 2004, he played washburns. after FBD was released

if you do a google search for "dimebag darrel" about 95% of those pictures are him with a washburn, not a dean. and the only pics ive seen of him with a dean are for dean ads.

besides, what do you think looks better, the dimebolt and boogiebolt, or the dean from hell?

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Deans are fine. There's nothing wrong with them as long as you stay away from the Dime guitars. They charge way too much for those.

agreed.

i have a Dean and i really enjoy playing it but if i ever got another i wouldnt get a Dimbag. almost anything else they've come out with would be a consideration.

again... ALMOST