Hey, im bored and I have to do one of my two final exams in about 3 hours from now so i figured why not make a thread about it.

Well i live in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan and i don't know if the way our finals are set up is defferent from other places in the world but a quick summary of how ours work is.

If you don't get a recomend (aprox 75-80% varies with the class, some you can't get one at all) you have to do the final exam. Final exams are usually worth 25-40% of your final mark in the class. My two exams are English B30 and History 30 (both finals are manditory and you can't get a recomend)

Today is English tomory is History then im done high school forever

Oh and what sucks is as of next year and the next few years after, they are trying to completly get rid of final exams and normal homework assignments!!! They are making everything group project based to get kids more involved!! I wish they would have done that sooner -_- (random rant)

To get to more of the point to this thread, I'm curious what are finals like where you live, if you have any at all? and basically any general questions when it comes to this kinda stuff.
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I did my finals about a week ago. You basically just go into class and take the test, that's about it. I really need to pass my Algebra II and if I didn't, I have to freakin take it again senior year in which I'd have to sacrifice one of the great classes that I've chosen.
That would truly suck.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
haha yeah that would suck... but hey im in my senior year and i have to pass both of my finals and if i don't... i simply don't graduate
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

I had GCSEs over the last month, pretty much about 7 to 13, hour to two hour long tests of the whole curriculum.
Here when you are a senior you have to take the exam if you A. were absent more than 8 days in the semester or B. Failed a quarter.
I took my exams in May and I have been done with high school for over a month now. yay
At my school (Hamilton Ontario) ALL exams are mandatory (although around 10 years ago it wasn't like that.) I've written two this week already (Religion and English) and I write my History tomorrow.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
every class has a final in my district. if your class has an SOL and you pass it, you do not have to take the final. If you are a senior and you make straight A's all year, you also dont have to take the final.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
yeah that sucks man
ive been out of school since the 5th
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by lagunasunrise
every class has a final in my district. if your class has an SOL and you pass it, you do not have to take the final. If you are a senior and you make straight A's all year, you also dont have to take the final.

SOL?
Quote by Burtonjp

I had to take five last week(English, Math, History, Biology, Spanish). Usually, you don't have to take finals for electives in my school and if you're a senior and you have an A in a class you're exempt from that test. To bad I'm not a senior...
I wish they had exemptions at my school. I wouldn't have to write any exams then. I just got back from doing my Latin exam, it was really easy.
Quote by Kirk Burton
schools pretty much gay anywhere i think...

^^ listen to this man ^^