Its so hard any tips? I take about 10 seconds to get from an open chord to a barre chord. e.g. C major to F
sit there and do it over and over and over and over and over and over...................
how long have you been playing?
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
ya man its all practice theres no special trick
soryy lol took me liek two weeks to get up to decent speed but after that it just keeps getting easier
well i been playing for 3 months on and off. I finally sort of mastered the barre about 3 days ago.
these guys are right. i'm now working on my barre chords, too. and going from them to open and back to barre is tough on us beginners! like everyone said; practice doing it really slow. remember, this stuff is muscle memory. train your fingers to do it right slowly first. speed will come later.
Quote by vampiric
these guys are right. i'm now working on my barre chords, too. and going from them to open and back to barre is tough on us beginners! like everyone said; practice doing it really slow. remember, this stuff is muscle memory. train your fingers to do it right slowly first. speed will come later.

For true. After a while of playing you dont even have to think, it seems tottally natural then too. haha. But just keep at it.
Yeah practise is defaintely what fixes that... see now what the fun bit is, when you have that sorted.. going from Open to Barre :P

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

what i did learning to switch to a barre was practice with 4 beat meaures (slowly) like this:

|chord 1 | rest | rest | rest | chord 2 | rest | rest | rest |
and then move to
|chord 1 | chord 1 | rest | rest | chord 2 | chord 2 | rest | rest |

then practice with 3 beats of the chord with one rest in between, work on it slowly and eventually you'll be able to play them smoothly without any pauses.
I'm still working on getting them to ring without buzzing like a fly. My guess is that my finger strength isn't up to par yet.
Quote by edg
No. It's mostly you just don't know where/how to apply the right pressure. It
might seem like its strength, but its not really.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the input, I'll keep at it.
To get faster at going from C to F, first fret the D and G, then fret the B and E simultaneously. To practice this keep your fingers down on the D and G, and lift your fingers up and down on the B and E until you get really good at getting the strings to sound. This will build your strength. Also, just practice going from C to F slowly, following the instructions above. You will gradually be able to do it faster and faster. To get better at something, you have to isolate the problem and just work on it. So don't do anything but practice going from C to F, until you get it down. Then move on.
Taylor 310ce