I went back to try the Classic 30 and not to my surprise it's gone.

So I have some money and am likely to have up to around $500 saved up by August so I guess that's my new budget. I'd get a new classic 30 but I really liked the older models better, the new chassis design thing was a bad move by Peavey. IMHO
Of course I care about tone more than looks, so i'd still buy a new Classic 30 if it was a batter option.

Anyways now I got some new options...

Found a Blues Deluxe new and i'm gonna try it out again this week. There is also one used for a little under $600.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Deluxe-Reissue-40W-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=483718

I found a Fender Bassman for around $600 used at the same store.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-59-Bassman?sku=480726

Also I might have the chance to try the Orange Tiny Terror tomorrow so that's an option.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Also check out the Peavey Delta Blues, Slats recomended it to me, i still havent found one to play myself, but it sounds astouding from the clips i've heard.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I just got a Traynor YCV40 for a little under $400.

+40 Class A Tube Watts.
+Superb cleans/JCM-esque distortion.
+Excellent warranty.
+LOUD.
+Fairly light.

Look into Traynors.
Hmm...the Delta Blues I saw that today. I'll look for some clips, how is it different from the Classic 30 in tone? I like the fact that it's a 2x10.

I treid a Traynor once but it didn't seem to be in very good shape. I;ll look into those too, if I can find one in good working order.

As for looking for CLassic 30's on the net, I might do that, but I really like to play gear before I buy it just to know what i'm getting.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 21, 2007,
Well, if i read it correctly, its very similiar to the C30 but with a larger cabinet (and if you get the 1x15) it has the larger speaker, and has tremelo. apperantly the 1x15 sounds a lot better than the 2x10.

i'll try and find some of the clips of it and PM them to you.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
go with the fender blues deluxe... great amp... use it with 1-2 Tubescreamers

good setup right there
Judging from the amps you're looking at, you'd probably like the Delta Blues. Like igotabcrich32 said, the 1x15 is a nicer sounding amp. I kinda liken it to a poor man's AC30. Tough to describe, but the tone is "rounder" than the Classic 30. Very full. Well worth the couple dollars more new, IMHO. If you play any SRV at all, you'll love the thing.

That said, $600 for a used Bassman reissue is an absolute steal, and you might want to beg, borrow, and steal, to raise that cash before that one's long gone, too!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
YEah my jaws dropped when I saw that, I get the feeling the Bassman won't be there by the end of this week.

I'll be sure to try them out but I can't go back for a while.

I understand all those amps should have nice cleans but how is the OD on the Bassman and the Delta Blues?

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I understand all those amps should have nice cleans but how is the OD on the Bassman and the Delta Blues?

Neither are high gain amps, but both will give you a nice, rich, bluesy crunch. These are both amps you should be able to find at a place like Guitar Center. Best to try 'em yourself. I don't know if either amp would be my first choice if I was looking to play a lot of Zeppelin, although I think they could each handle a lot of it on their own, and most of it with a quality OD pedal.

The Traynor YCV 50 Blue is another amp to try. More Marshall-like than the 40, and maybe a better fit for you, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I've seen the Traynor's mentioned here a lot, I'll try to look at some if I come across any.
The higher gain might be nice.

I like the cleans and lighter stuff for Pink Floyd and the Gilmourish tone.
However some OD is always useful for Zeppelin or any hard rock.

Your suggestions helped a lot.