Okay I have the choice of either a epiphone les paul standard, or a epiphone Sg with emg's.
The standard is $450 and the SG is $500.
I truly dont know which to get, I have played both and they both feel really and sound awesome, which would be better though?
I play alot of modern and classic rock, and some blues/reggae, such as sabbath/ozzy, disciple, zeppelin, zztop, sublime, marley, clapton, hendrix, black label society ect...
Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Ps: I have a sg special and a 1981 Fender Bullet already so im not to worried about it not being able to have the right tone and sound for the bluesy and reggae stuff, I use the fender for that.
Unless your playing some pretty heavy stuff, I'd go for the LP.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
well its kind of a tie for me, but since u have an sg special already, id get the les paul standard, unless of course u want another sg
les paul
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by Gary1989

I play alot of modern and classic rock, and some blues/reggae, such as sabbath/ozzy, disciple, zeppelin, zztop, sublime, marley, clapton, hendrix, black label society ect...

The bold ones play or played LP's.

EDIT:
The others might of also, I'm not sure, but the bold ones definately did.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
well, i have the sg. and i love it. you can really take the sound anywhere you want to. i have to admit though, i haven't gotten to try that lp. so i guess... listen to these guys.
Yeah, go with the Paul unless you're playing some heavier stuff than that, or just want another SG
also, hendrix did actually play an sg for a while, along with iommi, clapton,and paul mccartney
Thanks for all the responses!
I really like them both so its a tough choice but I'll probably go with the les paul, reason I was considering another sg is because mines a bolt on neck, the sg400 is set.

But I could also get the sg 400 custom (3 humbuckers) for $500 also.
Man why do I have to like them both!