My next guitar purchase (next summer probably) is almost definitely gonna be either a Washburn X40Pro or X50Pro... The only differences I see are the cosmetics and obviously the X40Pro has a Trem, which I would probably use quite alot.

My main influences are Muse, RATM, Lostprophets, but me and my band all agree that versatility is a must! I don't really want a Jackson for the Metal or a Fender for the Rock, I want something that'll do everything for a good price!

I've heard nothing but positive reviews and opinions on the X50Pro, and it has a SD '59 and CustomCustom... Clicky!

I've heard just as much praise heaped upon the X40Pro, and the trem seems like a bonus (except the tuning and stringing... would that really piss me off as much as people say it does? I've only ever broke a string twice, and they were both on my schools guitars lol never my own) and it has a Duncan Distortion instead of a Custom Custom... Clicky numba 2!

So... I'm expecting Tubabuoy (sp?) and Dave_MC to help me here lol as they seem to know so much about Washburns but all comments, positive and negative, are appreciated.

Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Restringing Floyds aren't too hard. After the first couple of times you'll have it sorted. It gets tricky when you start wanting to play in different tunings. If you want versatility then take this into account. Having a guitar with a FR bridge can make playing in a Drop tuning difficult, especially live (unless of course you can switch guitars). Just depends if you think you'll want to play any drop-tune stuff. Or you could get it set up permanently in a drop tuning, but then if you want to go back to standard... same problems
Well if you really want versitality buy a 7 or 8 string guitar with a decent wood and pick up combination. Droptuning wouldnt mater because the guitar is already in a low tunig with Standerd still obtainable. Also if you get ahold of a 7 string with a floating bridge then you would be set. 8strings To my knowledge dont have floating rems yet so you'll probably avoid. All in all it would help you out. Washburn, Ibanez, and ESp should have some dent 7 strings.
I don't really want a 7-string tbh cheers for saying so anyway but the neck width seems to put me off... anyway to shmooty, should I keep my current guitar (An Epiphone SG G-400) and keep that in Drop-D and the X40Pro in standard or vice versa?

Anyway is the Kahler trem good and is it worth getting the X40pro?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by ponnightingale
I don't really want a 7-string tbh cheers for saying so anyway but the neck width seems to put me off... anyway to shmooty, should I keep my current guitar (An Epiphone SG G-400) and keep that in Drop-D and the X40Pro in standard or vice versa?

Anyway is the Kahler trem good and is it worth getting the X40pro?

Alright, Im not really sure on the Kahler since Im a Floyd and Edge Man myself but it doesntsound like a bad deal.

Edit: That really depends on you. Epiphone to me just feel cheep but you might not have the same opinion. I dont like drop tuneing but I can see its advantages so Im not really a help there either. Im just here trying to give 7 strings a push.
Last edited by D_o_M at Jun 21, 2007,
In all honesty, you would probably have to try it out to see. Its all about longevity, and if the trem isn't made of a decent metal, then over time it will get worse and worse, so have a look and see if you can find what its made from.

Restringing a FR can be a pain, but if you really think you'll use it then by all means learn how. But try both out is all i can suggest.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
ha ha, tubabouy

anyways, i own both a 40 and 50, there are more differences, the x40 is alder with a maple neck, while the x50 is all mahagony. but tuning isnt an issue, unless you want to go from standard to drop D and what not.

X40 dont have kahlers, they have schallers. which are as good, if not better than an OFR. one if my buds has a 20 year old schaller and its still going strong, dimebag used schaller.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
If you get a tremol-no, every issue with a floyd is solved. Do a little googling.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
ARGH!

I didn't think it was Tubabuoy but I was sure it was 8 letters and had a "u" in it lol... Tubadude makes sense now

Schaller, Kahler, sound the same, excuse my mistake there please lol Anyway what you think about the guitar in general, like for my musical taste and such?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

it will be fine for your music. i made a GOTM a few months back on the X40, if you want to read about it there, i went into detail about it.

but overall, im very happy with the guitar. but i perfer my X50 for a certain type of clean.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Hey I've just noticed I've completely forgotten the X50Pro here... which would you rather buy if you could only have one? And is the bolt-on neck a disadvantage?

P.S. Does the tremol-no mean I can down-tune without all the hassle of normally tuning with a Floyd?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

if i ahd to get one, it would be the 50, mainly because its cheaper, and i can change tunings alot easier.

and the bolt on neck i dont see a difference between the two.

Quote by steven seagull
If price was no difference...

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

if i had a need to change tunings, x50, if not, x40.

it really matters if you will use a trem or not as well.

Quote by steven seagull