well i got a traynor ycv20wr from ebay and LOVE it. It's a bit too loud but w/e. I have one major concern though. On high volumes and low notes, the thing rattles pretty intensely. Hence, I ask... is there any efficient/cheap/preferrably no cost way to eliminate this rattling? It's quite bothersome. Thanx for your help
Where's the rattling?

Speaker?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
its probably the tubes rattlling. I had the same problem with my peavey classic 30.

I bought something called "Toms Tube Tamer" online and that stopped the rattling completly but im not sure if that will work on all amps, it think it might be fit just for the classic 30.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I did this earlier
How is it posiitoned? Next to a wall? If so move it away from it and hopefully that'll let the moving air flow away from the amp stopping the rattling
Mine rattles too, but its the tubes. I wouldnt worry abou it.

Marshall JCM 2000
Crate BVH 120

Gibson les Paul
Gicson LP studio
Gibson X-plorer
79 Strat'
John Mayer strat
Gibson SG 69 reissue
Ibanez saber

****load of pedals. lol.

the strat is for sale on ebay.
Tube retainers would help maybe? My amps tubes rattle too, doesnt bother me though.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Does it have a spring reverb unit? If it's not secured to the amp right, that can rattle as well. My valveking was rattling, and it was because two of the screws on one side were way loose. Also fixed the crashing and grinding noises I was getting with reverb on, naturally. Kind of nice to be able to play with reverb on without it sounding like I'm inside the hull of an icebreaker.
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner

Does it have a spring reverb unit? If it's not secured to the amp right, that can rattle as well. My valveking was rattling, and it was because two of the screws on one side were way loose. Also fixed the crashing and grinding noises I was getting with reverb on, naturally. Kind of nice to be able to play with reverb on without it sounding like I'm inside the hull of an icebreaker.

It does have a spring reverb unit. But I can't quite figure out which part of the amp it is. And I probably have to take my amp apart again to search for it (I had to do it to change tubes)
tube combos do that, it's one of the main reason I don't like them for anything other than recording.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm