Hey,
I'm in the market for a good Les Paul copy. I've checked out several brands, like Xaviere, Agile, Epiphone, SX, all that. I'm just a bit confused. So what is the best Les Paul copy under... lets say 400 bucks?
Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I love my Agile. I Reccomend them.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Epi is definitely the most popular, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. Agile are very, very good and slightly cheaper than Epi. For $400 I'd probably choose Agile, save myself a little bit of money and go for a few beers.
Yeah, Agile has a way better selection than xaviere too.
I'll probably get an agile, unless xaviere comes out with a really sweet model.
What agile model would you recommend? I see AL-2000s, 2500's, and 2800's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, Agile has a way better selection than xaviere too.
I'll probably get an agile, unless xaviere comes out with a really sweet model.
What agile model would you recommend? I see AL-2000s, 2500's, and 2800's.

The higher the numbers the better the quality although I own a 2000 Black W/Gold and I LUV it. Mine is stock all the way and it looks and plays like a dream. I can only guess the higher ones are better but mine is a joy to own and play - stays in tune for days on end - the action is as food as any Epi - and the sustain and sound is amazing. I loved it so much right outta the box I didn't need another one. My next guitar will definitely be another Agile when I do decide to get one.

The Douglas is also sold on RONDO's site - not sure of the quality of them but check out this hollowbodied baby!

http://www.rondomusic.net/product724.html
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
i think it really depends on how u define the word "best." i think its all personal perference. some people like the tone of an agile lp while some people prefer the tone of an epiphone lp. its all a matter of taste.
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
If you can bring your budget up to $500 or so you could get a used Burny or Edwards on Ebay. Best LP copies on the market IMO, I actually prefer both brands to actual Gibsons.

Shell out the extra $150 and you could get something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURNY-LP-JP-Model-Trans-Black-Rare-Guitar-Japan_W0QQitemZ220121256010QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guarantee you'll never care about owning a Gibson again.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Jun 21, 2007,
Check out the Samick Avion series. They generally get great reviews.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Epiphone.
I love Epiphones! (to an extent. **** the LP Special II and the other starter set ones)
Well, by best mainly I mean, nice neck, nice body, all that stuff.
I don't really care about pickups and tuners and stuff like that, as those will be swapped out for better ones.
Actually, i'd prefer a budget under 400, I kinda meant 400 as the maximum I would spend.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're looking for an <i>exact</i> copy, I'd say Epiphone, I've got an Epi Zakk Wylde, and it's the balls. but if you're just looking at the shape, I strongly suggest LTD ECs. They're damn fine guitars...
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by -heartbreaker-

i hate plain tops....
...they're too.....plain

Go get an Agile 3000 with a flame top, its 360 plus shipping. Depending on where you live, it should really only cost you a wee bit over 400 bucks.

I'm workin for the summer to buy one of those sexy beasts.
Epiphone Les paul Standerd. Good sound, body, everything. Plus its endorsed by Les Paul Himself. Doesnt get better than that
Gear-

Gibson Standard SG
Vox AD30VT
Bursewood stratknockoff

Lead guitarist of the band Longplay!

Put this in your sig if you think Fall Out Boy are posers and should go to hell!

Rap SUCKS!!!! Rock n Roll baby...
Quote by SGplayer94
Epiphone Les paul Standerd. Good sound, body, everything. Plus its endorsed by Les Paul Himself. Doesnt get better than that

i love the standerd too!

i don't like ignorant people, just cause it says les paul on the head stock does not mean its a quality instrumnet 9take the lp-100 for example) . Buy an agile and forget about it. Plus you don't really get any braging rights with a les paul unless its a gibson so why not go buy something cheaper and better
^Now that looks sick.
I'll go with that probably.
Is it the same as the regular standard except for the top?
Maybe sometime i'll do a poll with Epis v. Agiles.
Now... time to save up cash!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I agree with cm0469. Tokais are sick. I own a Tokai Loverock, model number is ASL 75 or something like that. It's solid mahogany, which beats the Epi alder les paul standard. WAAAYY better tone. Id reccomend, and only like 500 canadian
I'm ordering an Agile 3100 when they get more black cases.
Hmm... tokais are a bit out of my budget, I originally planned on spending like 300 bucks, but I guess i'll have to bump it up for a nice epi or agile.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Tokai's are well worth a look. If you could pick up one from the early 80's they are generally much better than current models BUT even a recent model Tokai is still very very good. I played a new Tokai a few months ago (was very impressed) and very nearly brought that over the Gibson LP I ended up getting.

If you do go down the Tokai path try and get one Made In Japan (if budget allows - for many years until just recently Gibson USA had them banned from being imported into the USA as I understand).
Last edited by cm0469 at Jun 21, 2007,
ive nvr actually played a agile guitar, but u guys seem to like em.
im looking at them now, check out the AL-3100 wilk csb special edition
thats prob. the one ill get next XD
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼