I have a couple suggestions to help make this wonderful bass forum even better. Im sure theyve been brought up and debated before, and probably shot down for reasons that I cant forsee. But Ive searched, and read over the Rules Thread, and I havent found anything. So I decided to make a new thread about it. If I broke any rules, I apologize, and will not be offended if my thread is deleted...not that it would matter if I did

1) A little while ago, I was faced with some interesting life decisions. I considered posting about them and seeing what my musical-buds thought, but I decided not to. There are a lot of people involved in The Pit, some of which I have no desire to hear their opinion (like the guitar players *oh snap*). I would have really loved hearing what my online bass accomplices had to say, but it wasnt bass related at all. I feel like this forum is a tight-knit community, and a lot of us could benefit from discussions aside from bass. What about a chat thread?

2) We get a lot of the same things being talked about over and over in here. I dont mind, because helping starters learn the basics, or helping each other learn more about different bass players is what its all about. But there may be a way to take a certain kind of common thread and reduce it a little bit. MX (I know, the name makes me cringe to) used to have a Featured Artist thing they did. It was one of the few positives about that forum. We could answer commonly asked questions about popular bass players before theyre even asked. It could include recommendation songs, what kind of bass the person plays, and EQ settings as well as a bio or any other essential info that could go along...which are all things typically asked about famous bass players. Im not sure about details on how it would work, but its just an idea.

Again, I apologize if I was supposed to post these suggestions somewhere else. But if the thread is deleted, I would still like it if the higher ups could read it over first and consider. In the meantime, Id like to see what the rest of you think, or if you have any forum suggestions to add...
The chat thread idea has already been shot down in the Rules and Forum Plan sticky.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

If you haven't read the Rules thread that chat comment is hilarious. We discussed that in the Rules thread for about 2 pages probably. Personally I think you should copy and paste your two ideas into the forum and rules thread where it will quickly be brought to regulars attention (they always read that thread) and more importantly Dan the Man Tanner's attention.
You might want to try letting people in the Forum Plan/News know about your ideas too. Thats where this kind of thing is discussed. Glad to see you want to be actively improving the community

EDIT: Argh, slow typing FTL again
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
If you haven't read the Rules thread that chat comment is hilarious. We discussed that in the Rules thread for about 2 pages probably. Personally I think you should copy and paste your two ideas into the forum and rules thread where it will quickly be brought to regulars attention (they always read that thread) and more importantly Dan the Man Tanner's attention.

Ya, I'll be honest, I didnt flip through the entire thing. Its nearly 40 pages filled with nothing. I didnt see anything in the first few pages so I decided to post it.
Quote by etubrutus123
Ya, I'll be honest, I didnt flip through the entire thing. Its nearly 40 pages filled with nothing. I didnt see anything in the first few pages so I decided to post it.

That's why you read long threads backwards
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sinan90
That's why you read long threads backwards

I did that with "Star Wars"... It made the whole, "Luke, I am your father," thing a lot less surprising...
Quote by Evil_Jim43
Geekis, you are truly the Ghandi of our time

Quote by thefitz
Man, I really have to stop sigging you...

My blog:
http://david-hates.blogspot.com/