Just curious as to why people switch to active?
Is it worth doing??

I have a Schecter c-1 classic which i believe (forgot since i last looked:P) has the seymour duncan 59' in the bridge and JB in the neck (sorry if im wrong, but that's the two pickups:P)

And i've been widely advised to switch to active pickups for a better sound..
should I?

I was thinking about the EMG 81/85 set, but atm I'm not really at the deciding which pickup stage, im just wondering should i change them at all?
if your gunna go active there there the best choice in my opinion, but i prefer the sound of passive pick ups....basically see what your infulences use and go with tat.
do you play metal? The seymour duncans you have are pretty nice, but if you play a lot of metal, actives might be the way to go
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Fender_punk
do you play metal? The seymour duncans you have are pretty nice, but if you play a lot of metal, actives might be the way to go

Yeah I do play alot of metal... alot of metal:P

But i also play alot of blues, and alot of hard rock, some soft rock (ballad-y) stuff.
So I would need a nice blues-y tone, which I spose i get near enough from the 85?
I spose I could stick the seymour duncans on the c-1 on my other schecter omen 6 if i really wanted to..
I just don't see how adding a 9V battery helps in producing a better sound... I mean isn't the amp sucking enough electricity already?