And i probably can't go. I got 2 emails form them:

John,

This is Dave from Power Chord Academy. After reviewing your student music
profile, I have been asked by our Executive Director to personally invite you to
our program. We have determined that you would be an excellent candidate for
one of our top projected Emo bands that needs a Bassist with Less than 1 year
experience. We definitely want you out at our New York sessions this summer!

and

Hello John,

Thank you for entering in our Win A Free Trip Contest. Congratulations! You have
been selected to receive a partial scholarship to Power Chord Academy! To claim
this prize please have your parent or guardian call us at 800-***-****
immediately. This contest offer expires in 3 days and is only available to new
student registrants.

At Power Chord Academy, dedicated musicians ages 12-18 are put through the most
inspirational, educational, and intensive week of their young careers. Never
before has a program been offered so critically vital to the inherent success of
developing musicians.

I really wanted to go... but its still probably over $1,000, and its in New York, Ny and i live in Rochester, Ny. Do you think i should beg my parents to go? [We're in financial trouble] or just forget about it this year?
We have determined that you would be an excellent candidate for
one of our top projected Emo bands that needs a Bassist with Less than 1 year
experience.

that right there is 2 great reasons to not go

first of all, its an emo band, so there probly gonna commit suicide in a couple weeks to a month, and second a bassist with under 1 year experience is what they require, so that should tell u that the whole band is gonna have no experience
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
try the phone number
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
if its really worth it, your parents will come up with the money.

an 11 year old friend ofmine will be paying £2000 becuase she was accepted at Sylvia Young but she really wants to be a dncer when she grows up. so it is worth it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

they sent me tonnes

so i sent them an angry email and they were like sorry....

its so a scam.. no way i could win that many contests so fast
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Quote by SuperDuperSlash

first of all, its an emo band, so there probly gonna commit suicide in a couple weeks to a month, and second a bassist with under 1 year experience is what they require, so that should tell u that the whole band is gonna have no experience

lol dude ur so funny!!!

I actually somewhat agree; the whole thing seems like a waste. They don't have very high standards for bass players (or musicians in general), and the messages seem automated, rather than "personal" as the author of the second one indicated.
lol bassist under 1 year exp.

save your cash and buy a new bass is my unput
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
What the deuce.... they are conciously creating an Emo band? There is the source of the world's problems.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Reminds me of how me and every one of my friends who entered won this contest on Poetry.com... sooo a scam. Bitttches.
Quote by SuperDuperSlash

Lol. Good point. But im a good bassist for one thats less than 1 years experience... haha.
and another thing, they want someone with under a year experience in a "top projected band" the fact that its emo band doesnt help either
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
Quote by SuperDuperSlash

*reported* for pointless emo bashing
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
*reported* for pointless emo bashing

Good call! I was about to myself. Now for the reaction! *pumps fists in anticipation*
F.U.B.A.R.
honestly like a place like taht is gonna refer to a band as "EMO" if anything they would refer to it as like "indie rock" or some gay alternative title... i think its a scam
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
call them and tell them "if you want me to play bass in one of your top projected bands, im gonna need some requirements, i will need new equipment and i will not be paying you end of discussion my offer stands!" so i guese that would be a your not going lol
yea dude i wanted to go to i wont that 250$ scholarship but money issues bro dont have the xtra 1000$ to blow, ima save up for a new guitar and i might go next year but not for emo bands metal stuff maybe idk
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
ive always wanted to go to AIM (atlanta institute of music) but im probably no where good enough and nowhere rich enough haha
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by someperson
We have determined that you would be an excellent candidate for one of our top projected Emo bands that needs a Bassist with Less than 1 year
experience

if this power chord academy thing is good then they would refer to it as "pop-punk" or "alternative rock" or something.......but this is in my opinion

Jack my swag
Quote by SuperDuperSlash

GTFO.

Stop bashing music.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
It's a stupid camp to lure wannabe musicians in and make heaps of money off of them. Don't waste your parent's money. Buy your own Equipment and make your own kickass music instead with that kind of cash.