Hey, I've a got a fender fat-strat (which i love) as well as a squire telecaster, but I'm really starting to get into metal. I'd really like to get a jackson randy rhoads or maybe a b.c. rich warlock or something. I was just wondering if you guys had any advice.
my happy is my guitar
My favourite metal guitar is either a Fender Strat or a Gibson Flying V. But if you're looking for a more extreme shape, then I'd look into Jackson, but it really depends on your price range.
Check out musiciansfriend.com or something to specify your price range, find jackson and b.c. guitars in that price range.

Go on the main websites for those companies, jackson and b.c, find dealers near you, call said dealers, ask if they have those models you found.

Go to the store, play the models.

Buy the one you like best.

Go home, plug in your guitar.

Play it until you can't anymore, then play it some more.

I became a jackson fan after playing them recently, was really into my les pauls until then, now I have to shell out even more money to satisfy my needs.
[Currenty playing]
Jackson DKMG
Last edited by Boyiee at Jun 21, 2007,
yeah i've always wanted a flying v because theyre fricking awesome. But I haven't done just a whole bunch of research into this. I asked a friend and he said to get a warlock.
my happy is my guitar
Personally, i love the feel and sound of Gibson V's
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
B.C Richs suck, i have to say it. go with a dean (like a dim-o-flame) if your paying more than 550 dollers, or a jackson if your paying less than 500, the MG series is 500 dollers a piece and they are awesome
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
b.c.'s look pretty good and I was just looking at them on musician's friend and their pretty cheap, but i'm not sure if they play very well or not. Anywho I'm gonna go check prices on some Gibson's and Jackson's.
my happy is my guitar
Quote by strat-face
yeah i've always wanted a flying v because theyre fricking awesome. But I haven't done just a whole bunch of research into this. I asked a friend and he said to get a warlock.

Well, How much money are you willing to put into a new "metal" guitar? I mean, you could easily drop $50-$75 on a new humbucker on your strat and play metal with that. we need to know your price range before we give any suggestions.
I'd say you go with Jackson or ESP. I own a Jackson DK2M and it plays Metal great. I like the feel of the neck due to it being thin for those fast licks. The Seymour Duncans aren't that bad either. The only thing I'd probably change would be the Licensced Floyd Rose and upgrade to an original. ESP's are also pretty good, having similar specifications such as my guitar and are relatively the same price. Don't go for Dean though. I think they're guitars are nice, but a decent Metal guitar from Dean would be a bit more than one from Jackson or ESP. As for Gibson, I'm really not sure. The pickups aren't that good and the necks are a little too thick for me.
Schecter guitars are pretty good for metal. They're definitely not the best, but they have lots of great value deals and sexy guitars. I've heard lots of good things about Jackson and Ibanez, though.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Schecter Hellraiser!!!
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
i found a Jackson RR24 Randy Rhoads with EMG pickups that's very nice. But it runs around $1,225. So, Yeah........
my happy is my guitar
The RR24 is a nice guitar, but kind of limited with one pickup. What features would you want in your ideal guitar ?
Also, I found a Gibson Flying V with the faded paint that has 3 490 humbuckers for about $750. I might stick with that, maybe.
my happy is my guitar
Quote by punker_7970
The RR24 is a nice guitar, but kind of limited with one pickup. What features would you want in your ideal guitar ?

I'd like to have at least 22 or 23 frets cuz my strat only has 21 and I don't have enough frets for some of the stuff I play, but I bend the strings to get the note I need. The look doesn't matter that much to me as long as it plays good. Unless it's just that ugly. For the pick-ups, preferrably a couple of humbuckers, possibly EMG's but that doesn't matter too much.
my happy is my guitar
Oh yeah, my price range... I don't want to go very far over a thousand. As inexpensive as possible without risking the quality of the guitar.
my happy is my guitar
i wouldnt go bc rich everyone i know that bought one wore out very quickly. i'd go ibanez, Shecter, jackson, or esp/ltd

heres one ive been looking at

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_schecter_hellraiser_c1_fr_electric_guitar?full_sku=513134%2e127
Last edited by metalphreak87 at Jun 22, 2007,
no: DO NOT GO BC RICH! extremlely UNVERSITILE
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
no: DO NOT GO BC RICH! extremlely UNVERSITILE

Every guitar can do every genre, some just do certain ones better than others. You are a tool.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I hate when people do this. Yes any guitar can play metal music. But when someone ask for a good metal guitar... common sense tells you what they mean.
i have an ibanez rg350dx. it is practicaly made for metal! it has a double locking floyd rose style trem. it only runs around $400 dollars and its really great for metal. i reccomend it to any player because it also has fantastic clean in the neck pickup
Cheap BC Rich guitars are absolutely terrible. You'll get made fun of constantly for even owning one. No, they're not cool looking unless you're twelve years old.
Quote by subliminaldelta
Every guitar can do every genre, some just do certain ones better than others. You are a tool.

No, he's not a tool, he knows what he's talking about.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
^ agreed, bc rich guitars suck. almost always a hit/miss deal. did find this really nice mockingbird once though...
jacksons ftw, especially dinky or rr. i'm partial to the dinky myself. ibanez rg is great too.
if you wanna save some cash, get a schecter. the hellraiser is an awesome guitar.
Quote by Nightfyre
^ agreed, bc rich guitars suck. almost always a hit/miss deal. did find this really nice mockingbird once though...
jacksons ftw, especially dinky or rr. i'm partial to the dinky myself. ibanez rg is great too.
if you wanna save some cash, get a schecter. the hellraiser is an awesome guitar.

the black cherry hellraiser fr is gorgeous