Today I went to my local(not exactly local, 45 minutes away lol) shop, and tried out some cool guitars. I played a Squier Srat (first thing I saw), which I was actually kind of pleased with. Next I played a MIM Strat, which felt good. Then I played a Highway One Tele, which was absolutely gorgeous to look at and to play. I played an Epi LP Standard. it felt yucky, and no where near as nice as the Fenders. Then I tried a Gibson LP Custom for about 5 seconds before the shop employee gave me the death stare. But it was the best 5 seconds of my life, other than playing my Dad's LP. I was really impressed with the two Fenders. IMO, the MIM totally blew the Epiphone LP out of the water. I think my next guitar might be a MIM strat, tele, or Highway One strat, tele.
Be cool.
..cool?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
..cool?

Hey, your from Hamilton. Do you know of a used guitar shop with lots of vintage guitars? My cousin said he sees one every time he is down there from Toronto, but he always forgets the name.
Be cool.
arent threads usually asking a question or someone's opinion? this seems kinda pointless to me... thats good tho, ill be getting a higher end LP sometime, probably not soon, but someday... my LP studio sucks
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
arent threads usually asking a question or someone's opinion? this seems kinda pointless to me... thats good tho, ill be getting a higher end LP sometime, probably not soon, but someday... my LP studio sucks

I don't know. I am just expressing my opinion. I don't see anything wrong. It may be a bit pointless.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Hey, your from Hamilton. Do you know of a used guitar shop with lots of vintage guitars? My cousin said he sees one every time he is down there from Toronto, but he always forgets the name.

Youre looking for Steve's Music. Im from Brampton, and Ive been there a couple times. Pretty good selection for a pretty small place IMO

and thedude: Where were you at, Long & McQuade? I cant stand that place. All they have is **** fake Fenders and the occasional Ibanez. Everything there is a florr model... its horrible!
Quote by nedthehead
Youre looking for Steve's Music. Im from Brampton, and Ive been there a couple times. Pretty good selection for a pretty small place IMO

and thedude: Where were you at, Long & McQuade? I cant stand that place. All they have is **** fake Fenders and the occasional Ibanez. Everything there is a florr model... its horrible!

The Steves Music in downtown Toronto is pretty sick. I was at L & M in Scarborough. Their floor models are atrocious. They are all nicked and scratched, damaged etc. Even the Gibson LP Custom I played was nicked. Not to mention their customer service is pure ****. You basically have to beg the employees's to assist you. I prefer Steves Music over L & M.
Be cool.
to all that haven't seen one before, this is a spam thread, which is defined as:

1. a collection of opinions based on a trip to a guitar store.
2. usually have comparisons of multiple guitars/amps.
3. not actually spam, but no questions involved.
4. completely pointless.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
to all that haven't seen one before, this is a spam thread, which is defined as:

1. a collection of opinions based on a trip to a guitar store.
2. usually have comparisons of multiple guitars/amps.
3. not actually spam, but no questions involved.
4. completely pointless.

spam...you mean what you are doing right now? You contradict yourself in #3 by the way. So if this isn't spam, then please refrain yourself from spamming in my thread. k thx, bi.

EDIT: Oh, by the way. I have asked questions in this thread. Read past the first post.
Be cool.