what do you guys think of them?i think they f***in rock anyways i didnt see a thread on them and so i made one any opinions accepted (even if they do suck)
They pretty much represent everything wrong with modern rock music. Boring riffs, cliche lyrics, and absolutely nothing original.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

what?how much of their music do you listen to?its SLASH. ok ill admit some of the riffs on contraband were boring but have you heard anything off of Libertad awesome stuff.

Slash has pretty much always got a solo wich is one of the main problems with modern rock.people put together a few power chords,riffs,and lyrics and make an ass ton of money doing it.
Quote by amass13
what?how much of their music do you listen to?its SLASH. ok ill admit some of the riffs on contraband were boring but have you heard anything off of Libertad awesome stuff.

Slash has pretty much always got a solo wich is one of the main problems with modern rock.people put together a few power chords,riffs,and lyrics and make an ass ton of money doing it.

Amen to that, you hit the nail on the head with that comment. In the UK, the only rock that you hear is crappy indie stuff - its the same chords, crappy lyrics by front men who all sound the same and maybe a little 5 note riff played over and over with no solos. Slash always rips off a solo, even in cover songs that dont have solos!
Quote by amass13

You honestly think that the main problem with music today is that there are no solos? I hate to break it to you, buddy, but the music climate changes. People get tired of solos just like people get tired of anything else. That's the way it works.

And the problem with today's music isn't that there aren't no solos, it's that no one has the guts to be completely original. Putting an everday 80s pentatonic solo is definitely not original.

Just my opinion.
Last edited by European Son at Jun 22, 2007,
im not being sarcastic when i say thanks for the input.i agree with you but i do think that another problem is solos.yeah sure people will get tired of them eventually but hearing the same power chords since god knows when is just not cutting it for me
HendrixslashDimebagBucket Head Randy RhoadsJohn 5

Last edited by amass13 at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by amass13
im not being sarcastic when i say thanks for the input.i agree with you but i do think that another problem is solos.yeah sure people will get tired of them eventually but hearing the same power chords since god knows when is just not cutting it for me

...and that will probably change in time too. Power chords wont be around forever, at least not in mainstream music. People will get tired of power chords too, in time.

And thank you for keeping this thread civil (like so many others can't manage on UG).
Last edited by European Son at Jun 22, 2007,