Right basically I have a ESP LTD EC1000 in vintage black I love the look of the satin finish but where my fingers go for my picking hand where it rests on the body, instead of being flat black it has started to get glossy and shiny, Basically how can get it back to normal, Is there any way? Any sites that allow you to make you own pickgaurd or a customization guitar site etc etc.

Thanks UG!
Yeah cant use guitar polish on satin finish's it ruions the finish. Supposidly ment to make it really glossy thatll be the last resort for it all of the body
i have no idea how it would get shiny unless you rubbed it with a really really fine abrasive

have you tried just washing that bit?
i have a 'white guitar'
Its probably the paint, for some reason most "satin"black guitars are glossy undearneath, and have a satin coat over the top of that.

My friend had the same problem with his Gothic Explorer, he loved the satin colour, but where his arm was resting started making the finishg wear away and become glossy.

Dont think there is muc you can do, apart from repainting it with a straight satin coat instead of a glossy undercoat.

Hope this helps in some way.
not all satin finishes are gloss underneath. where'd you get that idea from?

and naptha (lighter fluid) is a great cleaner.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by .fallen
i have no idea how it would get shiny unless you rubbed it with a really really fine abrasive

Hair, skin and sweat are all abrasives.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I have the same problem. Like stated in 3rd reply, don't use guitar cleaner because it will make it shiny. I asked several people and i was told a damp cloth. Which really didn't work. My neck is really shiny due to my hand sweating. Try saliva (spit) it works a little, it will take out those new fingerprints.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass