I only have 200bucks to spend and these are my 2options. I need an amp with alot of distortion and thats not too heavy, so i can like carry to my friend's house. I mainly play Nirvana stuff, but i need distortion for other stuff I play. So, which amp do you think I should get?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_vox_valvetronix_ad15vt_15w_guitar_combo?full_sku=102640570

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Line-6-Spider-III-30-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?full_sku=103944799
The Vox is the better of the two.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
i would say the vox. but put this in the gear and accessories forum. and there is another thread exactly like it directly above..kind of odd.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
I had a Vox AD30VT. I paid $250(ish) for it and it blew up after 4 months. It wasn't cool.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
The Vox is much better.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by Vigilantius
I had a Vox AD30VT. I paid $250(ish) for it and it blew up after 4 months. It wasn't cool.

I'm considering getting a Vox AD50VT. Besides blowing up, was it generally a good amp?
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
I'm considering getting a Vox AD50VT. Besides blowing up, was it generally a good amp?

Aside from blowing up, it was a good amp. I just no longer trust Vox. I saved up money for that amp for longer than it worked.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
Idk much about the VOX but I have a spider II. It comes wiht a lot of cool stuff to mess around with but it really isn't that great. I wouldn't recommend a spyder II and unless the Spyder III is that much better, i wouldn't recommend that either
Quote by Vigilantius

i have that amp currently and ive owned it for over a year now. its not bad although it does give me some issues. obviously it never blew up cuz i still have it but the Line 6 will probably be more reliable.
If you want a ton of digital gain, go with the Spider.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
The spider is gain-ier, but the Vox has better tone IMO (it doesn't get near as intense distortion as the Spider, but the Spider sounds pretty ugly).
I own an AD15VT, and it's much better than the Spider. It has a lot less gain, and more vintage models than modern ones, but the models are more accurate. The effects are pretty good, too.
I have the Spider!!
Get it! I haven't played the Vox, but the Spider is awesome! Mine is used, and still hasn't broken after a year of abuse!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Vigilantius
Aside from blowing up, it was a good amp. I just no longer trust Vox. I saved up money for that amp for longer than it worked.

Vox isn't known for reliability. However, the Valvetronix is pretty sturdy for an amp. Just because one gave out, doesn't mean they're all bad. There are car crashes everyday, does that stop us from driving? You probably just got a lemon though, because there are lots more people that have working VT amps out there.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I have the ad15vt and this is my second since the first arrived looking beaten up - it had been dropped and badly injured in the factory before being put into a factory-sealed box. The second one is better but is not well put together. The cabinet material doesn't fit properly and there are glue repair patches. The screws they've use on both look used since they are marked. I dread to think how well the electronics have been put together... Made in Vietnam to Vox's specs. It sounds good but it is cheap ****. Someone's making oodles of money by cutting everything to the chepaest and in doing so throwing a good name down the drain. Vox needs to stop this penny pinching crap! Other companies' stuff looks much better presented.
I love my Vox AD30VT. Sounds great, much prefer it over my friends Spider II 30 Watt.

His gets a sort of horrible digital clipped sound to it, this has a really beautiful smooth sound especially when cranked.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
I own the spider 2 and my friend has the vox. Personally, I say go with the spider. The vox doesnt have as much gain, and I know everyone sais that the spider gain is super digital but there are two ways to fix it. 1. Get a Tube Screamer. 2. just mess around wth alot. I just played around with the amp for a week and eventually I had the sound I wanted. Just boost that treble like crazy. But if your just playing like, soft rock or music that requires a better tone go with the vox. Eitehr way both problems taht these amps have can be fixed with a decent pedal. ( get a metal zone for the vox)
never played the vox, but I have a Spyder 111 and it has some cool effects that you would otherwise have to get a pedal. It has a cool button that you push twice fast to get a faster echo or tremolo, or slow for slower. Compared to the Vox, I have no idea how good it is.
Vox anyday. Every time I jammed with my buddy who plays on a Spider amp the sudden realization of nasty tone hit me in the face like a punch. His sound was totally awash.