Page 1 of 2
A quick search on UG comes up with nothing.
A search on Google also comes up with nothing. (Nothing interesting, anyway).

So, they're on Kerrang, which is the home of mainstream rock, pretty regularly, and yet I can find nothing on the interweb, which is a sacred place of all information? The Vatican of Various Vings? (My alliteration slightly died there).

Anyways, I like them, they're different from most of the other bands of their style, because they actually have some pretty cool guitar solos, which caused me to do a double-take when I first saw them. (A mental double-take, not a literal one, as that would imply looking away from the TV)
i saw that one video. the guitarist changes guitars halfway through. i think it shows how boring i found them when all i remember is that he changed his guitar...
I love Elliot Minor, I can't wait for the new single and the album to come out.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
they're the new busted.
+
they're in kerrang.

not the best combination.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
dont really listen to that type of music...but they got abit of classical influence...only thing i like is the vocal harmonies...sounds alrite
Quote by frodoisdead
they're the new busted.

Are you serious?
deadly serious.

they're the biggest cheese-fest i've ever seen.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by the_astronaut
You couldn't find anything on the internets??

http://www.myspace.com/elliotminor

They're pretty bad in my opinion, I pretty much agree with frodo on this one.

call me domm, my friend.

i can picture them getting a lot of popularity off their record. i think they will have enough credibility to win kerrang fans, but also enough pop to win over the average top 40 listener.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Domm, you are a wise man.

As is Dave for going to see Straylight.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by fake_sk8r182
Getting cosy now are we Raz?

I don't know about top-40 appeal with these guys. They seem to have a little too much of an 'edge' to their sound...

Who knows...

P.s Merry Christmas to you too.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by fake_sk8r182

You're such a circle sometimes.

*Tries desperately to stay on-topic*

Didn't realise they were on an Indie...

They seem awfully 'slick' for an indie label...

...dang.

+yes! Straylight Run, I'm listening to them now. Good times.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

i wouldn't say they have more edge than say... lostprophets?

+ mistakes we knew we were making officially has the catchiest chorus ever.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
i like em, i hope they don't turn into the next busted/mcfly
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Weren't they originally called Three Quarters, back in the day? I'm sure it's the same band.

Either way, some guys I know supported them on their last tour and they suck. If they were the best support act they could find it pretty much sums up Elliott Minor

EDIT: My bad, they're still touring with them. F*ckers.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by Yakult
Weren't they originally called Three Quarters, back in the day? I'm sure it's the same band.

Either way, some guys I know supported them on their last tour and they suck. If they were the best support act they could find it pretty much sums up Elliott Minor

EDIT: My bad, they're still touring with them. F*ckers.

Was it Shabby? Ahem, I mean, Shibby...

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by huggers44
they were originally called the academy about a year ago.
All of them have some kind of classical training so that is where that edge comes from. A review in kerrang recently slated them saying they were like mcfly and busted, but ive known about for them for 18 months now and ive met them before and they are nothing like that.

i hope they do well soon because they are a good band and have a very good musical style

Thing Is, They ARE Like That
IM BIG IN JAPAN♥
I think that they've been blown up too much, their early stuff was great, but then their new song "Still Figuring It Out" is too poppy and thats why they're being slammed.

Their music is neo-classical, cause they have classical roots, but comparing them to Busted or McFly is going over the top, their songs aren't written for 13 year old girls, it's a shame that the song that caught on wasn't a true representation of their musical style.
Quote by meh17
I think that they've been blown up too much, their early stuff was great, but then their new song "Still Figuring It Out" is too poppy and thats why they're being slammed.

Their music is neo-classical, cause they have classical roots, but comparing them to Busted or McFly is going over the top, their songs aren't written for 13 year old girls, it's a shame that the song that caught on wasn't a true representation of their musical style.

I'd rather listen to McFly or Busted.

That's an insult I wouldn't even bestow on Fall Out Boy or Nickelback.
I guess it depends on your taste, I hate McFly and Busted because they are manafactured, its obs to see that both bands are not liking what they're doing (as can be seen by Fightstar)

I'd rate Elliot Minor to have a similar popularity and status as say Fall Out Boy did a couple of years back, in that they're not hard rock but they are very "pop"
They only sound produced, because they're all rich enough to be able to afford to pay for top production. Not because they're manufactured. A small bit of research says they all went to private school, and have classical training, and coming from wealthy backgrounds, this pretty much says they can comfortably afford to sound polished.

Because they can afford it, not because they're manufactured.

Plus they're damn good at their instruments.
Overproduction shouldn't compensate for shitty bland music though.

Classical training seems to mean fuck all, they love those power chords and typical melodies.

Music is flat, uninspired, boring, over-done and boring. But it'll be lapped up by Kerrang.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by the_astronaut
Was it Shabby? Ahem, I mean, Shibby...

Yeah...God knows how they've achieved moderate success

At least Busted had catchy hooks and songs-to-get-you-laid. If I played an acoustic Elliott Minor song I think the BEST I could hope for would be a smack in the mouth, unlike Sleeping With The Light On which got me my first sexual encounter
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
personally, i would have thought mcfly would have been better serenading music than busted. thunderbirds are go is such a classic though.
i wish charlie simpson hadn't grown up, he was meant to be peter pan
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by the_astronaut

Music is flat, uninspired, boring, over-done and boring. But it'll be lapped up by Kerrang.

I know Kerrang has lost almost all of it's taste, but I'm seriously hoping they can see through this. Desperately hoping.
has kerrang ever had good taste?
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Quote by frodoisdead
has kerrang ever had good taste?

Well they give two lots of bands good reviews - The ones they desperately cling on to in order to sell issues and actual good bands.
Green Day, Linkin' Park, Fall Out Boy and all of them are the former, though sadly they outnumber the latter.

I haven't read the damn thing in years, just discover the reviews for certain bands online.
Quote by LewisMasonx
They only sound produced, because they're all rich enough to be able to afford to pay for top production. Not because they're manufactured. A small bit of research says they all went to private school, and have classical training, and coming from wealthy backgrounds, this pretty much says they can comfortably afford to sound polished.

Because they can afford it, not because they're manufactured.

Plus they're damn good at their instruments.

But they still sound awfully manufactured and play boring music...thats what it comes down too
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
i can never decide whether nme is worse than kerrang or vise versa.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
NME is waaay worse. They start ****ty trends (Nu Rave etc.),and then drop them the next month. I'm not a big fan of Nu Metal, but when it first came out, they were wanking over it, then slowly, slipping in a few bad reviews they distanced themselves from it altogether.

They base reviews on the bands style. I once read a bad review of a song which was based on the "smugness" of the frontman. Not a word about the music.

They also turn good bands (The Klaxons) in to bands that everyone hates because of their over rating.
i also hate Q.
every page you turn is an advert.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Page 1 of 2