I'd say you're way above where you should be as far as the movement of your fingers.
Gear:
Greg Bennett Malibu (Strat knock-off)
Ibanez Talman (Acoustic electric)
Crate GT212
Cry Baby Wah
I am at just about the same timeline and it looks pretty good to me. Just dont forget to practice with your pinky because if you only use 3 fingers its like being at only 75 percent. It also help to have an acoustic to build finger strength.
can you explain to me what a pinky is please ?
edit ok i guess its the little finger, im no english =P

Okay, your picking technique is pretty good, but what were you playing? Take up some theory.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Don't forget to also practice your scales and their modes because thats a major part of finger exercising as well as giving you versatility when you play with others. I hate it when people just try to slap together a bunch of random notes and call it improvisation. While it is the easiest method for us "newbies", it is not the best in the long run.
im sorry but that was really irritating. You are good for a year and a few months but dont try to play fast so much...
Where you "should" be? According to who? I bet Paul gilbert was a god after a year and a half compared to billy joe armstrong.

If it helps at all, I wasn't nearly that...fast at a year and a half.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Your alright, that shredding with 3 fingers is just like ... why? But all I gotta say is try writing songs now. It expands your mind, you are pretty much where I was at 1 year or so. Good job dude, I have faith in you.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
It was fast, but it sounded like complete jibbersih. No melody whatsoever. I don't know how you think we can all judge you after that one little bit. You would have to show us more footage of you playing an actual song(s). So meh.
Be cool.
i say playing wise that was horrible but for strength in the hand i guess you're getting there except for pinky
sure the finger movements were good, but i didn't like the way it sounded, maybe just a bad sound quality and the fact that shredding isn't that rhythmically interesting. You can defiantly play better then me, and for me its been a year and six months. But with my attention span its hard to get better fast. i am pretty much unable to learn a song without getting bored, i just end up collecting riff and riff and getting stronger, and a better ear, then working on random strumming and chords, my hand is getting better, but i am probably a lot worse then people who have been playing the same amount of time as me.
Quote by louie_dogg
i say playing wise that was horrible but for strength in the hand i guess you're getting there except for pinky

I like your the Sublime reference for your name.
Quote by thedude051
It was fast, but it sounded like complete jibbersih. No melody whatsoever. I don't know how you think we can all judge you after that one little bit. You would have to show us more footage of you playing an actual song(s). So meh.

yeah, ive been playing for about as long as you (threadstarter), and i cant play that fast, but to be honest it sounded like ****.

blunt, i know, but true.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
really good for only a year and a half.
i agree with everyone else its awesome u can shred but try writing some songs. anyone can play fast
utter shiite... y bother post that on youtube... it proves nothing, u were hardly in a key, its not even technically hard... i bet ur good. but that proves nothing lol
i suck but THATS OK!
ive been playin 5 years an it beats the hell outta me. but to be fair to myself, for most of that Ive only practised about 1 hour a week for most of that.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
In speed, you're WAY ahead, but it isn't all about speed. You were just sliding up and down the fretboard, hitting random (or so it seems) notes. Practice scales, learn to improvise with them, combine it with your speed and you will be at a high level soon.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!