I alternate pick all the time when i'm not playing chords. even if it's really slow stufff....like modest mouse's softer songs or anything remotely slow, if it's two notes on the same string, i always alternate-pick them.

is this bad?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
I alternate pick all the time when i'm not playing chords. even if it's really slow stufff....like modest mouse's softer songs or anything remotely slow, if it's two notes on the same string, i always alternate-pick them.

is this bad?

not at all. Alternate picking is what your supposed to do, always, but nobody ever does. Doing it now and making it a habit when your just starting(I'm assuming you resently started) will really increse your speed fast. Just don't get out of it.
Amp
Champ 300

Guitar
Epiphone les paul classic

Pedals
MD-2
DD-3
Crybaby from hell
Digitech Whammy

Founder of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" club.

PM me to join.
Funny thing, I started with alternate picking, which is kinda bad because I have a hard time doing songs like Hangar 18 and last caress (mostly downstrokes)
-Taylor
nah i started a year ago (exactly today, huh) and i taught myself, never had a lesson prolly never will. but my friends all single-pick either up or down when they play things slowly or on the same string. i know a guy who plays Cowboys from Hell with single downstrokes and i'm like "WTF?"
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Alternate Picking = Good
lol
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
alternate picking is generally considered correct technique it promotes speed and fluency (fancy way of saying accuracy lol) but you dont have to do it all the time, it depends on the song really (most people i know play master of puppets down stroked for example) and how you comfy doing it so long as you dont break the songs flow ,,, if that made sense
That's perfectly fine, don't worry about it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.