Quote by floyd matt
okay i know this kid who wrote this song and i belive he is the next beethoven.

http://www.youtube.com/v/eg6aOyVBnBY

he wrote it every single note in it.

tell me what you think about it.
There will never be another Beethoven. Your friend might be the next Danny Elfman, though.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by gpb0216
There will never be another Beethoven. Your friend might be the next Danny Elfman, though.

true but he is great for 17.
..i can never apressiate that music.. kind of like country
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I liked it until the guitar came in

Im sorry, extremely impressive no doubt, but just not me. I love vais orchestra work, but this just isnt vai, nor will he ever be.

However, excellent musical skills.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by lua4x
..i can never apressiate that music.. kind of like country

Its obviously not something an 18 year old would jam to in his car......still deserved to be appreciated.

btw, that blonde chick who sat in front of the guitarist is ****ing hot...
lol. remind you all the kids played in there were from ages 15 to 18. the guitarist is the person who wrote the whole thing. he is a musical genius for his age. i am listening to his Rock stuff he created with his old band and wow i gotta say its better than the sympanthy.
Some if it was really good, but some of scales he used didn't sound right.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Some if it was really good, but some of scales he used didn't sound right.

ya but its cool. like he said to me. the whole symthany was out of tune and they did not play good like they always do.
I've haerd better from people under 13, Mozart anybody?

It sucks not being a child prodigy
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Beethoven....hahaha

It's a wondeful attempt at orchestration and composition no doubt, but seriously Beethoven? I don't feel the emotion that Beethoven delivers. The out of tune instruments are REALLLY bugging me too.

Let's get one thing clear. Beethoven never wrote his music to show-off his skill. He had an incredible amount of talent so that's he acheived his incredible symphonys. However, this composer sounds like he's showing off most the time. It's very evident when he plays guitar that he's more showing off then presenting his music as a complete piece. The guitar makes it sound incredibly unfinished and filled w/ guitar wankery because it's evident that he's somewhat of a sloppy player.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Last edited by GuitarSymphony at Jun 22, 2007,
yeah i didnt really like it D:, the guitar doesnt fit
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Kinda reminds me of something from a Megaman game. The chord progressions are rather simple and almost cliche, if you ask me. And I don't think the guitar fits it AT ALL.
Needless to say, I most likely couldn't do better myself, but touting this kid as "the next Beethoven" is absurd and the comment itself nearly begs to be flamed.
The tapping part's cool. Sounds like Mario Bros.
Is this kid a video game/Van Halen nerd or something? It sounds more like orchestrated NES music than Beethoven. It's not bad, but just nowhere near Beethoven-caliber.
Ugh... guitar really doesn't fit this piece.
When the guitar first came in it sounded pretty awful, but towards the end it was cool. Could do with a bit of variation in there but the guy obviously has talent.
Quote by floyd matt
lol. remind you all the kids played in there were from ages 15 to 18. the guitarist is the person who wrote the whole thing. he is a musical genius for his age. i am listening to his Rock stuff he created with his old band and wow i gotta say its better than the sympanthy.

And if you meant symphony, you're also wrong. A symphony is in four movements.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
And if you meant symphony, you're also wrong. A symphony is in four movements.

The classic 18th century one yes but that was later expanded on and changed, although in general nearly all symphonies have 4 movements.
Founder of Jaco society

Quote by GuitarSymphony
Let's get one thing clear. Beethoven never wrote his music to show-off his skill.
Actually, all composers before and during that era used their works to showcase their skills. It was simply part of making a living back in those days. Beethoven played his own works extensively before paying audiences. Part of this stemmed from the Mozart effect. Mozart's father rode his child prodigy gravy train just as far as it would go, but that's another story. The thing about Beethoven is that, even though he did write works to display his incredible keyboard skills, these works were of the highest artistic rank and never pandered to the thrill-seeking audience.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Not bad for being 17, but saying he's the next Beethoven, arguably the best composer of all time, is quite a stretch.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Wasn't there a time when symphonies had only three movements? If not, then what the hell am I thinking about?
tbqh I had to force-quit firefox to get it to stop.

It was bad enough when it was just out of tune string players (that I can live with somewhat)

But I would never have the balls to play like that in front of people. Just wouldn't accept it from myself.

I appreciate that he probably worked hard on this but everything about it screams amateur. The high-school level string players don't help.
Quote by SethMegadefan
Wasn't there a time when symphonies had only three movements? If not, then what the hell am I thinking about?

Sonata perhaps?
Founder of Jaco society

Quote by SethMegadefan
Concertos have three movements.

Sonatas have had anywhere between two to four movements.
Last edited by yawn at Jun 22, 2007,
Some symphonies do as well having a look a wiki, generally its 4 movements but in more recent periods the form has been loosened from it's stricter origins.
Founder of Jaco society

Quote by yawn
Concertos have three movements.

Ahh, okay. That's probably what I was thinking of. I've been listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons recently, so I'm guessing that's where I got mixed up.
Quote by floyd matt
okay i know this kid who wrote this song and i belive he is the next beethoven.

http://www.youtube.com/v/eg6aOyVBnBY

he wrote it every single note in it.

tell me what you think about it.

Very talented for sure. The next Beethoven? Why be the next someone else when you can just be yourself.
shred is gaudy music
i didnt think it was that good
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
this wasnt anywhere close to beethoven, the strings were all doing the same part for the most part, that is not good writing for a symphony, and the guitar clashed a lot with the rest of orchestra, overall very unbeethoven