I bought the Dunlp slash wah, and right out of the box the thing has no sweep. I rock the pedal and no change at all to the sound. Also with the gain off, the high b/e strings sound really quite and kinda muffled. With the gain on I can get it to sound better but still no sweep. Anyways I emailed Dunlop and they said to either take it back to exchange it, or send it in for repairs (I bought it off ebay, so I am waiting on his reply to what we should do)

Has anyone else had any problems with this wah?

Anyways for my real question, is it the same to put a true bypass in this wah as it is for the other crybabys? I dont know if it being 18v makes a difference? I searched and couldnt find nothing, and the 59 pages of the "Wah customizing" thread is pretty intimidating. This forum needs a "search this thread only" option....

Thanks Guys!
I know this may sound silly but are you turning the wah on? You have to press forward to activate the switch... Sorry if you knew that. If not, check to see if there's loose wires. Did the seller on eBay say there was anything wrong with it?

As for true bypass it should be the same... however since you got distortion mixed in there too you may want to see if that is true bypass as well.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
I know this may sound silly but are you turning the wah on? You have to press forward to activate the switch... Sorry if you knew that. If not, check to see if there's loose wires. Did the seller on eBay say there was anything wrong with it?

As for true bypass it should be the same... however since you got distortion mixed in there too you may want to see if that is true bypass as well.

Yeah its on. It kinda sounds like its "stuck" in the heel back postion. (Well at least it doesnt sound as "wah-y" as I think it should.

It is a brand new in box wah. I havent heard back from the seller, but the guys at dunlop just think it is a dud straight form the box. The ebay guy should do a swap for me as it says I have a 30 day return and I have had it for 6 days.

The true bypass is the thing I am wanting to know first, or any other mods. (Even though I will probally wait until the warranty is up to do any mods)
use the warranty to bring it back - don't mess with broken stuff while you can still get it replaced

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
use the warranty to bring it back - don't mess with broken stuff while you can still get it replaced

Exactly what I am doing with it. I am not even gonna look for fear of voiding my warranty. I was just curios if anyone else got a "Lemon" from dunlop.

More curious about the bypass... or if anyone knew if there was a way to make the distortion come on without having the wah on? That would be a sweet mod!
you could do it i imagine

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009