wats the hardest song u can play, and how long have u been playing?

mine is prob. our revolution by halifax.....2/3 years.
just because its one of the only songs i actually took the time to learn lol
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
real guitar players dont need to compare themselves to others. people play in completely different styles, and therefore have different skills that they excel at, and each style has its own hard songs. its pointless to even try to compare. play guitar to be a guitarist, not to be better than someone.
Sm3115 l1k3 t33n 5p1rit!!#!3elven!#1#!#!-NiRvAnA!!!!#13!#1341#one!!#1#!

/thread

Disclamer:
For those who aren't "Ub3r 1337 h4x" like CORT noob, that says " Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana" This isn't really the hardest song CORT noob can play, and CORT noob tried a really lame attempt at making a funny.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Jun 21, 2007,
Quote by okinky
real guitar players dont need to compare themselves to others. people play in completely different styles, and therefore have different skills that they excel at, and each style has its own hard songs. its pointless to even try to compare. play guitar to be a guitarist, not to be better than someone.

Amen.
DRM, it's killing music.
Quote by okinky

If I knew you I would give you a hug, and not a ****ty hug a full on compassionate hug.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
..I don't know about "real guitar players don't need to compare themselves". That isn't fair, all guitarists compare themselves to other guitarists.

Anyway, first off, you will get a bunch of asshole "SCREW THIS THREAD!" remarks. Secondly, there are people here who are amazing at guitar, and can play Far Beyond the Sun, and crazy other stuff.

Other than that, my hardest is probably little wing...but I've been playing it forever, so it feels second nature to play. It's harder for me when I'm learning new songs, like Johnny B. Goode and Cemetery Gates as the moment.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by okinky

1. ur a fag. and it isnt pointless.......to ponder

▼ but he is ▼
making you look like a stupid noob doesn't constitute homosexuality on my part kid. i've been playing for 5 years and i know for a fact i could hand you your ass on a blues. come back to me when you're done trying to shred or chug power chords or whatever you think you can even do correctly. you'll still lose because you dont have any feeling in your playing. you emulate others. i'd like to see you improvise over one of the songs you know and pull off something half way decent =]
Fault and Fracture by Converge, but, I'm not very good.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by okinky
making you look like a stupid noob doesn't constitute homosexuality on my part kid. i've been playing for 5 years and i know for a fact i could hand you your ass on a blues. come back to me when you're done trying to shred or chug power chords or whatever you think you can even do correctly. you'll still lose because you dont have any feeling in your playing. you emulate others. i'd like to see you improvise over one of the songs you know and pull off something half way decent =]

got tabs?
i bet i could pwn the ****outta watever u got.

▼ but he is ▼
=] try something by stevie ray vaughan on for size. lenny, rude mood, or maybe some of his hendrix covers like my favorite to play through, little wing.
ill do little wing.
the hendrix version or vaughan's?

▼ but he is ▼
you dont have the gear, the hands, or the touch for it. i'm not asking you to learn a tab note for note, any idiot can do that. can you do the song justice? that's the question here. people like you who just look at a tab and learn how to play what's there really piss me off. i bet you dont know a damn bit of music theory and you sure as hell dont know how to solo in more than one box at a time haha.
when you want mine, pm me with your email and i'll let you suck on it
The beauty of music is not in memorising a song note for note, but rather, in the case of playing another's song, taking their idea and adding your personality to it. Perhaps learn the general rhythm and melody, but make it your own.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
yea i dont kno much theory. i dont sit in front of the comp or books studying it.
i just play guitar and have fun with it. i bet nobody really gives/gave a **** about theory at 15 or 16 yrs old. did u?

▼ but he is ▼
Eh I don't know what's my hardest to play, I play 99% classical, it's all difficult and painful. Plus I write a lot of accompaniments that all of my friends look at as if their eye's are going to fall out, so I guess they could be a little difficult. My best quality is sight reading which I rather have than any other musical talent, I blow both of my guitar teachers away in that category and they have 30years+ on me and have their masters (which i'll have soon yay).

Comparing yourselves to others is only natural. I've got a friend who's been playing for maybe 2 years and plays some metal licks that blow my mind, but he cant even try to finger pick a song, bluegrass or even banjo 1/10th as good as I can, I don't think he can do much without a pick at all, his other fingers are "stupid fingers." Not to mention guitar is the only thing he can play, while I can play several instraments really well, and he cant read music which bothers the hell out of me.

The only person I compare myself to is Zakk Wylde really, not the Zakk everyone knows now, but the Jeff that lived not to far from me that was one hell of a classical guitarist when he was a kid learning from the same teachers, which is why I have to compare myself to him (considering they compare my classical to his constantly, which is irritating sometimes). I'm making the switch over to heavier stuff a little slower though, I rather play in front of an orchestra than headbangers with big hair and tight leather lol.
[Currenty playing]
Jackson DKMG
Last edited by Boyiee at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by jackson001
The beauty of music is not in memorising a song note for note, but rather, in the case of playing another's song, taking their idea and adding your personality to it. Perhaps learn the general rhythm and melody, but make it your own.

very nicely worded

▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
yea i dont kno much theory. i dont sit in front of the comp or books studying it.
i just play guitar and have fun with it. i bet nobody really gives/gave a **** about theory at 15 or 16 yrs old. did u?

I'm 15 and I care. I didn't care when I started at 9, so maybe you have a point.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by itsxsteves

I'm 13 and I'm focusing on it right now... The earlier you learn, the better you are when you're older.
Member #17 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Quote by Twist of fate
Well I stuck a pen in my ass and proceded to have an "anal orgasm" While my best friend wrote it all down for a school report.
mine would probably be Glasgow Kiss by John Petrucci. I've pretty much got the whole thing down.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by itsxsteves
1. ur a fag. and it isnt pointless.......to ponder

STFU

Playing guitar isn't a competition, it is a way of expressing yourself. That's what I do. I don't even know any other guitarists solo, never bothered to learn one. Am I a bad guitarist for that? No. I play long blues improvs, which I'm really good at. i play because I love to play, not because I want to tell people how good I am or to compete.

okkinky: We need more guys like you.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
talk to VR, he knows his ****, and he just turned 16(i think? might be 17)

im 17, and ive known theory since i was 14

song: almost finished with as i am - dream theater
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by jackson001

spot on mate, i do pretty much that, i don't ussually learn every single note of every single song, i add in my own stuff and improvise whenever i can.

and i hate to be one of those "don't play to compare" people but i am.

i couldn't give a rats ass if someones better than me at guitar, sure, he may be able to play a solo to a song that i can't, but does that affect me in anyway? no. it just means he took the time to learn something that i didn't.

if you're only playing guitar to become better than others (i'm not saying you are, but if you are) then you should just stop.
Quote by okinky

Quote by okinky
you dont have the gear, the hands, or the touch for it. i'm not asking you to learn a tab note for note, any idiot can do that. can you do the song justice? that's the question here. people like you who just look at a tab and learn how to play what's there really piss me off. i bet you dont know a damn bit of music theory and you sure as hell dont know how to solo in more than one box at a time haha.

Quote by okinky
when you want mine, pm me with your email and i'll let you suck on it

Does anyone else see a little contradiction?
n00b.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five