oook
I'm going to get a new guitar tomorrow from Long & maquade. I've narrowed from ibanex to jacksons to esps, but decided one one of the big two. SG OR fat strat??? i know its a big matter of personal opinion, but if anyone could tell me what they think based on the value, sound, and feel of the guitar. Pleas nothing with "I think sgs look cooler" or anything like that. I play mostly classic/modern rock and a bit of metal.
I have just over $1500 from my job at red robin (dishwasher )

Any help would be fantastic
Get a Fatty. SG are for those emo bands. and i think you will regrate it
i would personaly go for esp or jackson
or a telecaster can do it all for you
Trivium should rename themselfs Metallica2
ibanex? are they like givson?

The fat strat would be more versitile than the SG, but the Sg would handel distortion better than a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. Since you have 1500 bucks, i presume your buying an american.

I dunno, like you said its a matter of preference

ps. the sg does look cooler.....
... but the strat has nicer cleans
yeah, the Fat Strat for versatility

thought personally it would be the RG or Telecaster for me
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I would go for a SG standard if you are playing distorted stuff or a strat if you are playing cleaner stuff or crunchy punk type stuff.
ps. the sg does look cooler.....

you *****......
lol jk.
I think i'll get a strat then. Versatility is what im after.
Besides i hate emos and joh nfrusciante is a god to me
Quote by toasty_alcohol
you *****......
lol jk.
I think i'll get a strat then. Versatility is what im after.
Besides i hate emos and joh nfrusciante is a god to me

SG are not for emos, they are for Angus and angus young alone.

emo bands just started to pick the sg up because its pointy, that is all. Its a phase.

You should really try it out first, i'm pretty sure they'll sound very diffrent, and i think the sg is pretty versitile too (sort off). Don't cut off the Sg because it was 2 pick-ups instead of 3.
Quote by FrozenSheep
SG are not for emos, they are for Angus and angus young alone.

emo bands just started to pick the sg up because its pointy, that is all. Its a phase.

You should really try it out first, i'm pretty sure they'll sound very diffrent, and i think the sg is pretty versitile too (sort off). Don't cut off the Sg because it was 2 pick-ups instead of 3.

angus young, but lets not forget tony ioni and jack black in school of rock
Quote by vintageisbetter
Get a Fatty. SG are for those emo bands. and i think you will regrate it
i would personaly go for esp or jackson
or a telecaster can do it all for you

You are the most retarded person on earth.

TS,in my opinion,you should get an SG.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by toasty_alcohol
oook
I'm going to get a new guitar tomorrow from Long & maquade. I've narrowed from ibanex to jacksons to esps, but decided one one of the big two. SG OR fat strat??? i know its a big matter of personal opinion, but if anyone could tell me what they think based on the value, sound, and feel of the guitar. Pleas nothing with "I think sgs look cooler" or anything like that. I play mostly classic/modern rock and a bit of metal.
I have just over $1500 from my job at red robin (dishwasher )

Any help would be fantastic

well imo for the stuff you play the SG would be the better choice. you play mainly (only?) distorted stuff and the strat just isn't the right guitar for that. don't get me wrong i own one myself and love it to death but i mostly play clean stuff (rhcp for example) with it. if u don't play any clean sounds then don't get the strat!